Audi Insurance OMG !!

RAPS3

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
I had a call today from the dealers, just to confirm everything is ok before I collect the S3 on Saturday.

They confirmed the registration number, as I'd requested so that I could sort out my insurance cover before pick up.

Anyway they said that it was easier for them if I took the 7 day complimentary insurance that comes with the car, as it was easier for them to tax the car and ensure all was in order prior to collection.

She gave me a number to call and I gave them all of my details and waited for the call back.

As part of the 7 day free cover they asked if I was interested in the option of taking out the insurance policy with them and could they give me a quote for the year. Obvioulsy I said yes, just out of interest.

10 minutes later and I received the phone call.

As an example of other quotes I'd recieved :-

Swiftcover.com's online quote was £433, but I do need to add business cover to this quote.

Bell direct's quote was £630

How much do you think Audi wanted?

Wait for it

£1796 :scared2:

I just laughed and thanked them for the "free" 7 days cover and declined the option of annualising their policy.

I cant believe they have any customers if they are charging over 3 times the amount of other leading insurers.

LMAOOO - What a rip!!!!

Its Audi though - you got to expect it! lol

But £433 is an awesome price!! I have to payu £1300ish an a 20 TDI because im 19 :(

You think that's bad?

I'm 23, drive an S3 and have 0 ncb and 6 points ( 3 have come off now), take a guess.....

£7500!!!!

Could be worse! Audi was going to charge me 3.5k for being 19 with 2NCB on a 2.0 TDi. So chose Churchill instead and they gave me just a bit over £1300. insurance... what a rip off!

My girlfriend bought a Cayenne S 5 years ago when she was 27; but had a foreign license.

She paid £10,000 in year 1, £8,000 in year 2, £6,000 in year 3!

Funny thing is she still has the car now and it's only got 3,000 miles on the clock!

You should feel lucky Toby!

I had the same experience. Got quoted over £2k with audi insurance and £591 with norwich union. you can guess who went with!!!

My girlfriend bought a Cayenne S 5 years ago when she was 27; but had a foreign license.

She paid £10,000 in year 1, £8,000 in year 2, £6,000 in year 3!

Funny thing is she still has the car now and it's only got 3,000 miles on the clock!

You should feel lucky Toby!

!!!!!!! Money to burn!!!!!!! :sign_unfair:

£384 per year for the S3!! (7yr NCB, 0 points) with Tesco Insurance - phew

Audi are delusional (again.....)

It's no wonder there are so many people driving around with no insurance. I thought I was being robbed paying £1100 TPFT when I bought a Mk1 Golf GTi as my first car. By comparison to some of those quotes that was pocket money!

Wasn't there some announcement this week that it's unfair to "overcharge" young drivers? So in effect everyone else gets their premium hammered instead.

That's bad. I pay £1500. Im 22 on my own policy. S3 2009

Audi wanted over £9k to insure me on my s3...needless to say i refused politely!

I had a call today from the dealers, just to confirm everything is ok before I collect the S3 on Saturday.

They confirmed the registration number, as I'd requested so that I could sort out my insurance cover before pick up.

Anyway they said that it was easier for them if I took the 7 day complimentary insurance that comes with the car, as it was easier for them to tax the car and ensure all was in order prior to collection.

She gave me a number to call and I gave them all of my details and waited for the call back.

As part of the 7 day free cover they asked if I was interested in the option of taking out the insurance policy with them and could they give me a quote for the year. Obvioulsy I said yes, just out of interest.

10 minutes later and I received the phone call.

As an example of other quotes I'd recieved :-

Swiftcover.com's online quote was £433, but I do need to add business cover to this quote.

Bell direct's quote was £630

How much do you think Audi wanted?

Wait for it

£1796 :scared2:

I just laughed and thanked them for the "free" 7 days cover and declined the option of annualising their policy.

I cant believe they have any customers if they are charging over 3 times the amount of other leading insurers.
Something wrong mate, I pay Audi £430 for my S3.

It may be wrong Trev but she was quite clear with all of my details in repeating it back to me so I dont know why the diff betewwn your quote and mine is so different.

It may be the fact that I've not been insured for 16 month, but I was told that so long as it is before 2 year since the last policy it doesnt matter and the NCB does not expire within that period.

I'm 33 with 9 years NCB and 3 points (SP30) used for SDP & Minimal business use. Garaged.

That Tesco price above is even better than Swiftcover thought, so I think I'll try a quite from them.

You think that's bad?

I'm 23, drive an S3 and have 0 ncb and 6 points ( 3 have come off now), take a guess.....

£7500!!!!

****** hell!!!! :faint: Thats a **** load of money for an S3! lol

I paid close to £900 for mine last year (was 22, 2 yrs ncb, 3 points) and Audi wanted double. Needless to say I just took the 7 days and went my own way.

Coss

Privilage just quoted me 334, 200 less than the AA for me and the missus.

Audi only quoted me about double my best quote. Still well over the odds though...

Audi insurance was rubbish for me as well £1200, £370 from A plan - I'm 33 and 10 years ncb.

Richard