Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Extended Warranties

Anyone used the Audi one, or a 3rd party and had good experiences? I think I need one for another 12 months of peace of mind driving... but Audi want Ł1500 for an extention of 1 year manufacturers warranty
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster View Post
    Audi want Ł1500 for an extention of 1 year manufacturers warranty
    ROBBERS.

At that price it would be cheaper to take you chances and use independents.

We got a quote for a new facelift S3 a little while ago, and when we priced up fixed price servicing on longer service intervals it had gone up from Ł24 per month (the deal we secured in 2007 for the S3), to Ł57 if we took it out today.

That would be ROBBERS again then.

See a pattern emerging.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Anyone used the Audi one, or a 3rd party and had good experiences? I think I need one for another 12 months of peace of mind driving... but Audi want Ł1500 for an extention of 1 year manufacturers warranty
    My wife had an extended warranty with Warranty Direct on her VW Polo. She had a fault with one of the levelling motors inside a headlight. Her normal VW dealer dealt direct with Warranty Direct and it all sorted at no cost to her.

I had a quote in Warranty direct recently of Ł412.72 for a 12 months LuxuryCare policy on my A3. This included all work being done by a franchised dealer, 7 days alternative car hire at Ł30 per day, and including wear and tear 90 days after the start of the policy and a Ł25.00 excess.

Their phone number is 0800 731 7001 and their website is www.warrantydirect.co.uk
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

DSG

Status
    hi, is that the price for extended Audi warranty on an A3?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
    RS4
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

DSG

Status
    thanks, does anyone know the rough cost of extended Audi warranty on an A3?

Quote Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
    Yes that the price they quoted for a three year old A3. Good value compared with the Audi price.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Yes that the price they quoted for a three year old A3. Good value compared with the Audi price.
    Is it comparible though?
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

Is it comparible though?
    May I suggest you contact Warranty Direct and ask them for a quote. They will then send you a paper copy of the quote together with a copy of the LuxuryCare policy summary and you will be able to compare it in detail with the same information from your Audi dealer.

The LuxuryCare policy summary gives details of what is included and a list of what is excluded.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    I have bought a new S3 but likely to keep for 6 years I am looking at extending warranty with Audi for additional 3 years

Anyone reckon its worth it also I only do around 4k miles a year

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Additional 12 Months - Normally Ł599.do for Ł469.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Additional 24 Months - Normally Ł749. do for Ł619.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Additional 36 Months - Normally Ł899. do for Ł769.[/FONT]