how to remove scuttle panel?

johal87

Reaction score
hi just a quick question

any idea how to remove it? ive take the wiper arms off, just left with the panel...

i can't see any screws etc :s

thanks dudes

I'd have to assume from that observation it must be clipped in. Are there any obvious areas that seem to allow you to squeeze a blunt edged tool in and have a look underneath?

from the side of the panel nearest to the bonnet you can raise it.. not much but you can raise it enough to see inside..

from that, i can't see any clips etc.. im thinking maybe some kind of seal or bond around the edge of the screen?

You're nearly there. These are the instructions from ELSA

Plenumcover.jpg

john thats brilliant, thanks alot for that, should get chance to try it out later, hope fully i'll have working wipers again :)

Did you fit HIDs and kill your wiper motor?

yes mate you got it one!

i was lucky and i got a good price on a spare motor etc... and fitted it my self, i've heard of people being struck with £300 bills!!

be carful you don't force it though as you may find that it doesn't go back on again and sit flush against the windscreen seal again - leaving a gap at the bottom of the windscreen - i had this issue with my last A3 and apparently the only fix is a new windscreen!!!

careful you dont snap it as they can be pretty brittle if cold too, was the warning i got when i blew my wiper motor too