Scratch Repair recomendation

APL TDi

Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone recomend a good scratch repair place in the south (between Londong and Portsmouth) area?

My ****** cat has scratched up my bonet.... I think it was my cat?!?

The scratches are only surface scratches, not down to the primer.....

Any recomendations and info on price would be helpful.

Cheers

You can do it yourself mate.

Order some Farecla rubbing compound (think it is called G20). Get a polisher if your lazy, or you can do it by hand. This will work for peripheral scratches that you can't dip a fingernail into. If it is really deep and through the lacquer you will be better off at a body shop.

One you've done this polish and wax it to protect the paint. You'll find you want to do the whole car as the bonnet will look mint.

I like a clean car, but I'm not an OCD detail nutter so rely on Meguiars 3 stage (Paint cleaner/polish/wax) in the burgundy bottles.

Where bouts r you, what you can do is get youself some megs 1500 ungrit wet/dry paper, a silverline polisher, some megs diamond cut 105, 85 and something like megs 9. All of these are different strengths of polish.
Soak the ungrit paper for a few hours, wrap the paper over something so you r able to rub it on the bonnet, do it lightly and in straight lines and make sure the you keep everything well lubricated with water. You will start to see the water looking cloudy and this is just the clear coat coming off. Don't worry about that as audi paint is very tough, once you can't feel the scratch anymore use your polisher on about 2000 rpm with a wool pad with megs 105 on. This will get rid of the marks and will leave little marks with you then move on the 85 and then number 9. When using the polisher be carefull not to burn the paint so you will have to go up and down moving across the bonnet and then left to right moving down the bonnet. You will need to practise first. If not then go on to detailingworld.com and there are a lot of profesional detailed that will be able to come to yours and either just repair ur bonnet or do your bonnet and give your car a full detail