JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Idling problem - 2.0 TDi

I've noticed recently when bringing the car to a stop in neutral, just as it's almost stationary the engine starts to shudder as if it were about to stall. If I dip the clutch and return to neutral it goes away. Also the revs usually pick up a small amount, maybe 100 rpm but a noticeable swing on the needle even though I'm not on the throttle or in gear.

If I slow the car down in gear and then brake to a stop with the clutch dipped it gets around the issue, it's only when the car is in neutral and braking to a gentle stop and low speed and doesn't occur consistently.

Any one experience anything similar or have any ideas what the issue is?

The car is an 07 2.0 TDi (140) S-Line with 44,500 due it's third service in about 4k

TIA

Pete

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    dodgy flywheel ? Common prob on these models...
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Status
    do you get DPF issues on the Audi diesels? (Presume you'd get dash lights)

I'm assuming if you dip the clutch an idle stabilisation valve may prop the revs at the right level, so it could be anything causing the drop off.

I don't want to worry you unnecessarily, but one of the company cars we use was behaving in a similar way (140 TDi) and it ended up being head gasket issue so get it checked ASAP.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    Mine does this as well, I've replaced the flywheel and clutch and it has made no difference. I've also changed the engine speed sensor as well.

My next check will be to check the fuel pressure (I've a funny feeling my lift pump has an intermittent running problem), and then to replace the injectors (one at a time).
    Everyday:
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro - 2008, Panther Black
    Upgrades: Planning in progress !!!

Weekends:
    Audi ur quattro - 1989 (was 2.2 5cyl turbo, currently evolving to 3.6 V8 twin turbo!)

Registered VAGCOM user.

1st Gear

Status
    I noticed today a very slight, constant vibration on idle. Could this be engine mounts?

If I start the car with the bonnet up the block seems so move back and forward quite vigorously on turn over. I'm going to book it into my dealer for a check over tomorrow.

Quattro

Status
    my S3 8p has an idling problem now too, shuddering silghtly and between 9000 and 14000 rpm dodgy !!?? iv just had a new clutch in so hope its not the flywheel :-S
    did anyone find out what their idling problem was guys ?????????

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge