DIS: is it customisable with vagcom?

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
On the S3 DIS, if you go into the CHECK menu you will find an oil temp setting.

I use this a lot in the winter, particularly to check and see if the engine oil is up to temp (around 90 degrees).

My DIS allows you to view the engine temp for about 20 seconds until it changes itself back to MPH view setting.

Is there any way I can adjust / pre-configure this on the DIS??

Are there any other trick settings that give more info on the DIS?? (I remember the Leon Cupra Air con display could give all sorts of info including speed in kph)???

Many thanks in advance

Warren

Sorry, but it cant be done. You can adjust some of the comfort features f you have a revision K or later central electronics module. This gives you the ability to control such things as headlight washer delay, coming/leaving home light delay.

Cheers John

Thought it may be a wish too far.

Slightly off topic but still to do with the dis but i have an aftermarket HU and the top row of the DIS now displays nothing...

Can i not get one of the other settings to fill it ?

Cheers

Slightly off topic but still to do with the dis but i have an aftermarket HU and the top row of the DIS now displays nothing...

Can i not get one of the other settings to fill it ?

Cheers

Same as you, I was hoping that the Alpine CANBUS module would include a display interface, but they only did MF controls. IMHO that was a serious flaw on their part, funnily I told the UK Alpine Tech guys on their stand at the Goodwood FoS and they agreed with me.

Paul