S3 Sportback to be collected on Sat

RAPS3

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
:racer:

Following on from my S3 Built awaiting shipment http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67395 post

I've finally recieved the call today that I've been waiting for.

My S3 Sportback is here being prepped on Wednesday for collection on Saturday. Finally the wait is nearly over.

For those who are about to order or are waiting and wondering on the timescales, as I was.

I thought I'd post some of the key dates as it did my head in not knowing what the timescales where:-

Date ordered:- 6th December 2008
Production start date:- 12th February 2009
Production complete and left the factory awaiting shipment 23rd February 2009
Arrived in UK:- 9th March 2009
To arrive at PDI Centre:- 11th March 2009
Arriving at dealers on Friday 13th March 2009
Collecting from dealer Saturday 14th March 2009

Counting down the hours now for collection. :kissmyrings:

bet you are seriously buzzing i love the s3 sportback awesome car really nice what colour you getting ???

Yeah - actually taking me a while to get to sleep - kid at christmas type of feeling.

I think it's due to the fact that its been over a year and a half since I've actually owned a car that I want to drive for the sake of it. Had to trudge around in the company Vectra whilst I finished the work on the house.

I'll be collecting the following on Saturday morning:-

S3 Sportback with the following goodies

Sprint blue
Buckets
Cruise control
Alu roof rails
folding mirrors
rear parking sensors
interior light pack
privacy glass
light and rain sensor pack (should be flipping standard this but hey!)
non smoking pack
piano black inserts
flat tyre warning
bose
bluetooth phone prep

:yahoo:

You'll be sorry that you didn't get any options on it...:scared2:

Lovely car mate, I would gladly have the twisting stomach knowing that was on its way.:thumbsup:

Are you bothering with retro Nav?

Edited to add: I was spending the £85 m euro lottery the other day and noticed that cruise isn't standard on a ferking R8!! Now, that IS a **** take. The 1.7 D Astras at my work have it:wtf:

good speck very simler to mine i got rnse but no roof rails your gona love it i bet good colour to enjoy:o.k:

Yeah - actually taking me a while to get to sleep - kid at christmas type of feeling.

I think it's due to the fact that its been over a year and a half since I've actually owned a car that I want to drive for the sake of it. Had to trudge around in the company Vectra whilst I finished the work on the house.

I'll be collecting the following on Saturday morning:-

S3 Sportback with the following goodies

Sprint blue
Buckets
Cruise control
Alu roof rails
folding mirrors
rear parking sensors
interior light pack
privacy glass
light and rain sensor pack (should be flipping standard this but hey!)
non smoking pack
piano black inserts
flat tyre warning
bose
bluetooth phone prep

:yahoo:

You'll be sorry that you didn't get any options on it...:scared2:

Yeah I know - I could'nt stop ticking.

I got a decent discount - so just spent whatever I saved on the options :readit:

Are you bothering with retro Nav?

Ooh Yes :eyebrows:

Keeping an eye out now on fleebay and the likes.

I was going to retrofit the bluetooth phone prep, but the saving isnt massive over the dealer list price so I just added to the spec sheet. Plus I know I'd end up having to mess around with bluetooth ear widgets until I got it fitted which I could'nt be bothered with.

I picked it up on Saturday 14th March with a fresh 14 miles on the clock. Still taking it easy as I'm only up to 500 ish miles - but as its nly 6 miles to where I work I'm doing ok!

Thought I'd post up some pics that I took on the Saturday just after delivery.

Some pics anyway

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

best color for the s3 sportback, almost got my self one but ended with 2door ibis white :eyebrows:
it looks great, congratulations

Just caught up on this thread and noticed the pics. Very tidy mate! I love the new lights and alloys of the MY09.

Just a quick Q though: do you have a light % tint on the front windows? I have Sprint Blue (3dr) with rear privacy, but your fronts look darker too (especially side profile).

TIA

aahhhh!, I have just ordered the same, S3 sportback in sprint blue, slightly different options though, and am told that I am looking at early/mid June for delivery, nothing confirmed yet though.

looks absolutely stunning !!

That's gorgeous R88PER! Nice options list too! I am seriously considering one of these for next year... That colour must look exceptional in the sun :thumbsup:

Love to see some interior shots when you get the chance mate... Congrats!!!

see you have the front medium tint like mine looks nice id love an s3 sportsback sooooo nice good colour to

I picked it up on Saturday 14th March with a fresh 14 miles on the clock. Still taking it easy as I'm only up to 500 ish miles - but as its nly 6 miles to where I work I'm doing ok!

Thought I'd post up some pics that I took on the Saturday just after delivery.

Some pics anyway

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. Still excited about driving it each time I go out in it. Cant wait to get some more miles on it so that I can open it up properly.

see you have the front medium tint like mine looks nice

Re: the windows - it must be a trick of the light or photots, as there is no tint on the front windows, only from the B pillar back, it was an option I ticked and gives the little ones a bit more protection from the sun in the the back.

For those who are waiting for their's I feel your pain - it did my head in :banghead: especially as I was driving around in a Vectra diesel whilst I was waiting.

Very Nice.:icon_thumright:

Im in the North East and there aint many of these about, so I will keep my eyes peeled.

cheers
Paul