S3 RNS-E screen configuration question

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Apologies if its been mentioned on here, but I just can't find it even using the search and the sticky.

My Navman sat nav has been playing up, and once it was on it's last legs I have always said I would retrofit the RNS-E and swap out the 6 disc Symphony head unit.

To be honest I'm not looking forward to the conversion as with the iPod adaptor option I chose in the glove box you can only run 6 poxy playlists, so will be sorry to lose the 6 disc capability. I appreciate you can run a memory card, but its more hassle and more media to manage. Then I have the bluetooth in car kit and the Bose upgrade to wire up with it before I find somewhere to perch the GPS module.

So my question, how do I get the RNS-E to show the S3 screen as per the S3 brochure - is it a vagcom setting or do I need to order some specific disks?

Also if I win the auction I will be after some '09 discs........!

Many thanks in advance
Warren

Thank you so much to both of you. 5 minutes remaining on the e-bay auction so lets hope I get lucky!

nope, looking at this one now:

link

being buy it now it may be an easier target.

Just hope at that price it is '100% legit'

Bought mine last week from that seller. Arrived after a couple of days. It doesn't come with a original nav disc only backup, but advert states that.

Due to other reasons I am going to sell it. It is currently fitted into my car and works great. If your interested I'm looking for £425. Mine was exactly the same advert (but without buy it now option).

I don't want to really post it, I'd rather meet up. I have vag com so can code it for you.

Bought mine last week from that seller. Arrived after a couple of days. It doesn't come with a original nav disc only backup, but advert states that.

Due to other reasons I am going to sell it. It is currently fitted into my car and works great. If your interested I'm looking for £425. Mine was exactly the same advert (but without buy it now option).

I don't want to really post it, I'd rather meet up. I have vag com so can code it for you.

How come you want rid then? I could be tempted depending on where you are.....

How come you want rid then? I could be tempted depending on where you are.....

mhill from SCN? If so hi mate, I'm usually coxw over there!