Blacked out S-Line badges, anyone interested

Sem

Reaction score
I was having a play with photoshop a few weeks ago and wondered how the S-Line badge would look in black, I think this would really suit cars with the optics grille because the silver badge looks a little out of place.

The badge would be very difficult/impossible to paint but i've been speaking to a supplier who can laser cut a piece of black vinyl to place over the badge (the same way the red colour is achieved on the diamond / /

It would look like this (excuse the crap photoshop), would anyone be interested in a group buy?

ag_07a3_slinebadge1.jpg

a3black2.jpg

Yeah I think that lookt pretty cool, in a car whit black optik.

i like them silver although they look ok like that my car is lava grey i was thinking of painting the red diamond in black they would look more original but like its a special edition or sumut

Me too....:yes:

i like them silver although they look ok like that my car is lava grey i was thinking of painting the red diamond in black they would look more original but like its a special edition or sumut

If all you want is the diamond in black then they are actually available from the dealer.
They are listed on ETKA as BLACK/CHROME.

I would be interested - not near the car but are they the same for the side Sline badges?
Cheers

I just did a mod on my S3 grill badge, as I have A3 & the grill had S3 badge I wanted sline, so I took s3 back plate & put the sline front plate on this so it retained the oem fixing of the s3 grill as they're different, what yer think?

slinebadge.JPG

whats etka where can i get these have you got a link please

If all you want is the diamond in black then they are actually available from the dealer.
They are listed on ETKA as BLACK/CHROME.

etka is the VAG parts catalogue & elsa is the technical workshop manuals which also have an online system that costs the earth, but you can get both through channels

I just did a mod on my S3 grill badge, as I have A3 & the grill had S3 badge I wanted sline, so I took s3 back plate & put the sline front plate on this so it retained the oem fixing of the s3 grill as they're different, what yer think?

slinebadge.JPG

I was going to do the same but wasn't keen on the backing of the old badge being visible, I was after a more elegant solution :)

3140779255_716306be5f_o.jpg

I see what you mean, but I liked it because its different from others I've seen & also it has a more 3D effect as the S on the original S3 had a slightly raised part as you can see, which makes the S part little more prominent.

hi sem did you get my pm do you have the part number for the sqaure black badges you said you can get from the dealer

I was going to do the same but wasn't keen on the backing of the old badge being visible, I was after a more elegant solution :)

3140779255_716306be5f_o.jpg