S3 with B7 RS4 brake system

what all did you need to make the brakes work?

I have rotors and calipers from a b7 RS4 left over from when my dad upgraded his rs4 to stasis alcons. I want to fit them but I can't get the TT-shop to return my emails, or find anyone else that is doing the conversion, so any information you can give me about brackets or mounting bells for the rotors would be greatly appreciated.

also i know someone was running MTM bimoto's then when to 18's over rs4 brakes, what wheel sizes/offsets/spacers have been proven to fit over rs4 brakes on our cars with no issues.

Your car looks amazing

B7 RS4 calipers(including oem RS4 brackets)
B7 RS4 rotors
Brake pads
Goodridge custom brake lines(this is for fitting the calipers directly to the s3)
It's not possible to fit the rotors hat to the s3. you need some machine job and also centering hub ring.
These wheels are 18x8 ET45. Also it's not possible to use this kit without spacers with this wheel. We made some custom washers to use without spacers.

here is a picture of clearance with the wheel.

I was thinking to have the same mod but did not want to install spacers.
With the release of the TT-RS I am seriously thinking to intall the brakes, which I think might be a lot easier. As the standard TT-RS wheel is 18' (19 optional) the is no need to change the S3 wheels. Both car stud pattern is 5/112.
see here:

http://img12.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=brakesetttrs.jpg

Chat with S3 Big Andy & he should be able to enlighten anyone about the RS4 brakes onto the 8P.

He got his from the TT shop. 2K is a lot to spend on big disks and calipers. Hopefully the TTRS discs will be bigger than the 345mm S3 discs

what all did you need to make the brakes work?

I have rotors and calipers from a b7 RS4 left over from when my dad upgraded his rs4 to stasis alcons. I want to fit them but I can't get the TT-shop to return my emails, or find anyone else that is doing the conversion, so any information you can give me about brackets or mounting bells for the rotors would be greatly appreciated.

also i know someone was running MTM bimoto's then when to 18's over rs4 brakes, what wheel sizes/offsets/spacers have been proven to fit over rs4 brakes on our cars with no issues.

Your car looks amazing

Have a chat with Ed @ APS - I know he's done the conversion on a few cars now, manly TT though, but I bet its the same for the S3.
He's a good guy - tell him a I said 'Hi'

:)

He got his from the TT shop. 2K is a lot to spend on big disks and calipers. Hopefully the TTRS discs will be bigger than the 345mm S3 discs

All I know is the 345mm brakes stop on a dime on my car now, :) from cheek to cheek, now just to get this damn front arb done.

At least let me have my fun, lol, but yeah know what you're saying mate, my old S3 had some 10 pot tarox with all I can say were ridiculous sized discs, you get used to them want more huh, thats where it gets out of hand cause they were 2k & discs were £500 each, luckily I managed to get them pro skimmed flat so saved me bundle, as for the owner now, well fairly young guy so I reckon he's burnt them out, lol

Dear Olynth,
I'm very interested to your kit.
We have the same OEM brake system and chassis.

Now You have OZ ultraleggera 18x8J ET45 and spacers?
What the width of spacers in mm ?

Have you interference with the body of the car ???

Have you had reply from TTshop?
I've tried by email but nothing.

Many compliments for your car and mods and new brakes

Thanks
Ivo
Italy

I have contacted ed at APS, hopefully he can get me the bell or centering spacer i need to fit these to my car.

does anyone know if the MTM bimoto wheels S3bigandy was using fit over these brakes with no spacers?

having an RS4, id say will the brakes are good but they do tend to require cleaning and have a tendancy to need replacing as they warp. I would pick something else

Since i already have the calipers and rotors and pads and lines....

this is just a very cost effective way to upgrade my brakes. all i have to do is buy wheels that will fit over them. If the MTM's fit then its great since I always wanted those wheels anyways. so i am getting wheels and tires and brakes for less then the cost of a stasis alcon big brake kit

Ed at aps says they only do work in shop, the only company that has offered a solution is muggianu turbo but they want 700 euros for the new hats which is too much.

can you give me any more information or pictures about this hub centering ring you mentioned? any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do indeed have a set of the B7 RS4 brakes on my S3, but without trying to p1ss anyone off they are a ****** pain in the ar3e!

Mainly because the rotors get heat spots and crack around the drilled holes, and because of the unusal sized rotors you cannot find aftermarket ones to replace, although Brembo have at last released a set £1300 will buy them but not till next month.

I will use the OEM rotors again but with the way I drive it could get expensive.

but they do keep the OEM look I wanted and they are as sexy as hell once on!!

I do indeed have a set of the B7 RS4 brakes on my S3, but without trying to p1ss anyone off they are a ****** pain in the ar3e!

Mainly because the rotors get heat spots and crack around the drilled holes, and because of the unusal sized rotors you cannot find aftermarket ones to replace, although Brembo have at last released a set £1300 will buy them but not till next month.

I will use the OEM rotors again but with the way I drive it could get expensive.

It is a shame, but I know exactly what you mean

Try the ceramic, these can now be bought on their own

Have to admit i bought a new RS4 brake set up for the front of my A3 but changed my mind resold it and bought a Hi Spec Mega Monster 6 kit instead which i am very happy with.

There`s loads of info about ceramic brakes on the net. They cost several thousand pounds to buy and are totally wasted on road cars.

My car should hopefully be ready by first week of December. Lost a month with a screw up by the gearbox refurb company when they ******** some bolts on rebuilding the gearbox.
Me and JBS have a long history and this isn`t the place or thread to go into it.

Thought so, your doing AMG upgrade aren't you?

The greek i bought the calipers off sent me some S500 4-pots insted of the 8-pots from the CL 65, ha said he sent the correct ones last week and sent a tracking number, so fingers crossed

396x36 here we come:hubbahubba:

Mbt-engineering.de will supply the carriers, discs and bells. Cost for that is around 1100 euros. These calipers use the same pads as the RS4 and Phaeton V10