Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Bumper part number question

Hi,

Does anybody know the part numbers for the plastic "fold out" bits for the front bumper ? THe hinge like items that "come out when you take the bumper off. Got to replace my bumper (bloody concrete post) & broke these off previously.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by jb111s View Post
    Hi,

Does anybody know the part numbers for the plastic "fold out" bits for the front bumper ? THe hinge like items that "come out when you take the bumper off. Got to replace my bumper (bloody concrete post) & broke these off previously.

Cheers
    Do you mean the towing eye covers?

What type and year is your car?
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    No sorry, the bits that go inside the bumper each side. When you first remove the bumper it pulls out on a couple of plastic hinges. So you unscrew the wheelarches & the 2 main screws & then it pops out on the hinges if that makes sense ?

Perhaps this page from ETKA will help...

Front bumper - parts
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks, you're a legend!

Looks like they got rid of the bit I was after with the facelift bumpers. Good to have a proper list of parts though.