Servicing Modded S3 means what to warranties

dc240969

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
lm away to look into getting a service soon. l was wondering what the dealers would say if l took the motor into them for a service. l have a Forge CAI on it and remap , l can change that back to standard. Or would it be better to take it to a VAG authourised center.

I took mine in for a service with Giac map and Miltek non resonated cat back, they never said anything.

lm away to look into getting a service soon. l was wondering what the dealers would say if l took the motor into them for a service. l have a Forge CAI on it and remap , l can change that back to standard. Or would it be better to take it to a VAG authourised center.

It depends on your dealer.....mine is very specific in saying that almost any mods will invalidate the warranty,or sections of it depending on what has been modded.

never had a prob with any warranty work and i have had 5 audis now all with mods , the last 3.0 tdi i had was mapped and they knew it but didnt have a prob , it had two clutches and fly wheels a starter , altanator, set of injectors and power steering pump, but i think it is down to how some people talk to them , if you go in shouting and demanding things they will make thing awkward aldo 286

if you go in shouting and demanding things they will make thing awkward aldo 286

I'm sure that's true....there are also a number of dealers,both of my local ones included unfortunately,who seem to take a very dim view of almost any form of tuning,even down to aftermarket exhausts.

the only thing they have said to me is that if the car is mapped please tell us and we wont update any software as they have fryed a ecu on a a4 a the owner didnt tell them it was mapped, they loaded new sofware on top of his and the ecu shut down, i know what you are saying , but a exhaust cant invalidate the warranty , my statement to the dealers would be WELL IT HAS TO COME WITH A EXHAUST:rulez: whats the difference in a name its still a exhaust some of the dealers need to come into the real world as audi will never see the broken part that they are replacing it just goes to the skip or thay ask for pics of the damage lol, i must be lucky my dealer seem to be mod friendly and just laughs when he sees me coming in as he knows it is more warranty work for them all the best guys aldo286

thats the s3 booked in for the sachs clutch all done under warranty with the giac and d-bliis intake no probs , cheers aldo