Record S3 MPG?

Splathead

Reaction score
http://s5.tinypic.com/4onwo.jpg

Can anyone beat this?

It was recorded on a 33 mile journey following my GF's ailing car to the garage at 50-55mpg.

I did see 42.2mpg before driving through town. (not bad considering that it was night time and cold).

Amusingly, the GF's 2.0TD Grand Vitara only recorded 45.2mpg over the same journey! :laugh:

That's very impressive! If you feel its a bit to high try fitting a HPFP and Stage 2+, be confident that it will then never go above 25mpg!

i think that was for when slowing down. if you coast clutch down it uses a bit more fuel than if you coast clutch up and no power on using engine braking.

i assume as the engien is engaged through the wheels, the momentum of the wheels keeps the engine turning without fuel needed?

i think that was for when slowing down. if you coast clutch down it uses a bit more fuel than if you coast clutch up and no power on using engine braking.

i assume as the engien is engaged through the wheels, the momentum of the wheels keeps the engine turning without fuel needed?
Correct - if the wheels are pushing the engine over idle speed with no throttle the ECU will cut the fuel off entirely.

http://s5.tinypic.com/4onwo.jpg

Can anyone beat this?
I did see 42.2mpg before driving through town.

Beat ya :). Recorded on an approx 25 mile journey.

Untitled-1.jpg

36.6mpg on a 51 mile motorway journey is the best I have ever achieved. Never went over 60mph. It was worse than watching paint dry.

36.6mpg on a 51 mile motorway journey is the best I have ever achieved. Never went over 60mph. It was worse than watching paint dry.

wooow I did 60 miles last night mostly on an A road doing about 90 all the way and even 120 on private road and still had 48.8 mpg

Go TDi !!!

wooow I did 60 miles last night mostly on an A road doing about 90 all the way and even 120 on private road and still had 48.8 mpg

Go TDi !!!

If I was to attempt the same I'd be guessing 21-23mpg!!!

As one does, having a good early Sunday morning blast i did an average. I think 17mpg was the highest it got..... Could almost watch the fuel tank needle moving to empty!

That's very impressive! If you feel its a bit to high try fitting a HPFP and Stage 2+, be confident that it will then never go above 25mpg!

I've just pulled myself off the floor having to recover from the crying laughter fit.

Was thinking the same thing and you went and said it ! good on you.

Whip a CAI in, fit the HPFP, get a performance exhaust and visit Revo for Stage 2+, next step is shares in a publicly listed petroleum company.

BP, Royal Dutch Shell, ExxonMobil. Any one of those will do.

My average has been 16.5L/100km (about 16mpg?) for the past 1000km.

Lol. It's that addictive. Time to seek help. :think:

At least I save the planet by not printing on paper much these days.

Got the extreme opposite today. I was in heavy traffic for 5 minutes and my average was 24.3 Ltrs/100km (which I think equals to 10-11mpg)....:scared2: I was just staring for minutes before I could believe that number.

Yip. Was stuck in gridlock traffic for 30 minutes in neutral/1st gear/neutral about a week ago. Saw round about the same number. Reached for the asthma pump. Barely survived. lol.

Mine's averaged 28mpg in the 1,500 miles I've driven since taking delivery. Now it's run in and I'm pressing the loud pedal a lot more, that's dropping steadily. It averages around 25mpg on the commute to work, 29mpg on motorways and on longer runs (M ways & A roads) the best I can get is 31mpg. Never seen better than 35mpg ... yet! Worst was 15mpg when I saw off a mates scooby :whip:

Best i've seen is 36MPG (car has only done 3K so it may get better).
I'm going to have to go for a drive with my slippers on to see what I can get..... Sounds like a boring trip :rolleyes: