HID's Front Wiper Problem Advice Needed

johal87

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just got a brief question for any one with HID's

i recently fitted them and they worked fine, no bulb errors etc... but the dreaded problem of the front wind screen wipers stuck! and now dont work, i wish i looked it up on here first...

i managed to source a new motor for cheap from ebay compared to dealer problems, so that should be fine

however, i have now fitted resistors on the HID kit, which were supplied to take away bulb errors... does anybody know if this could cure the problem? and stop my new wiper motor going to dust?

and yes i know there not the best of lighting options but at the moment it is for my self, and i am looking for real xenons, so its just a tempory fix

any help is welcome, thanks guys

p.s the car is a 05, 2.0 TDI S line Dsg

I'll keep it short, you've learnt your lesson from the 1st time round, dont try it again mate cause it'll happen again, source some oem hid's & fit them onto the car as I've advised many others to do cause wiper motor etc replacement is far from cheap, people were getting bills for near £300 a pop, so why bother huh

guess your right mate, i've been lucky this time and got the parts for repair at a good price

what do you mean by Oem xenons? as in the xenons audi would fit from new? i've been looking around for xenon headlamps off breaking cars and they so hard to find! and most people ask very silly prices, any advice on where to look?

thanks for the reply dude

& welcome to the forum

Yeah fit audi factory spec lamps, you're realistically gonna pay £400ish which is fair price given the stealers charge far far more than that, but I've known people to pickup bixenon ones for £300 & someone else I know got a pair for £100 but had to buy ballasts & bulbs but thats where ebay is useful.

Just be patient & also realistic on what to pay, cause £400 maybe alot but it achieves what you really want & no more problems when fitted

yeah i learnt my lesson after £500ish of bills to get it replced 3 times .. not running PIAA lamps equal to 4000k and they are awsome but very pricey ...

I've Solved the Problem. I came a cross these on ebay . Item Number : 170306900235

This model is adapted and you will never have this problem...with the wiper motors.

This was the message he sent me when I asked about the Wiper motor Burning out.

"Hello with this model you will not have any problems of wipermotors which burns. i know this problem, you have this with not adapted xenon kit. this model is adapted and you will never have this problem. i sell for an audi club since 2 years and not anyone have any problems. there is a special box to prevent all problems"

Havnt solved anything yet mate, maybe it will be ok maybe not, but why risk it again from someone you dont even know saying it'll be fine then several months down line it goes wrong again, someone on here had it happen 9 months later, so doesnt prove anything really.

Only sure fire way to make sure doesnt happen is by finding some oem's, end of story

Yeah but this guy has been selling them for like 2 years with no problems.....Plus this has a special box to prevent all problems...Which them other ones don't have.

Do you know this guy, have you spoken with anyone thats bought them, can he show you it fully working for months without faults, not being funny but caution advised cause it may very well work but do you really believe everything that a salesman tells you or do you actually investigate for yourself.

I mean I could say I have a box that can add 500bhp to your 900cc fiat 126, but it wont blow it up, do you believe me just from an email???

I think you get my point, why are you trying to scrimp on something thats already proved to damage the car, but your choice, I'm sure Kev understands fully my overall point that I'm trying to save you possibly time, hassle & most importantly money.

Maybe .....But I'll take the risk ...I'm going to be a ginny Pig..lol

ye u already have by sounds of it, lol, good luck

Its normally the 8P's with the auto wipers function that this problem occurs with....But i do have a solution for this problem, Slight problem is it costs around £200 as it involves adding relays to the lighting curcuit and more powerful ECU fault blockers.

Yeah so £200 solution, £100+ HID aftermarket, then you can get oem xenons for £300-£400, I know which I'd have as no guarantees the fix will last where as my S3 had no faults on HID's in 7 years, thats worth the extra price for peace of mind I'd say

i have tried a lot of thing having the correct resistors and even having a full relay kit fitted so ti takes everything out of circuit of the sensors adn only used as a on off switch and it still caused me a problem...

just be carefull i have 2 wiper motors go within a matter of weeks and then thought sod it i cant do this no more...

Sorry i didn't add on that its not worth it....you might aswell go OEM and the price I quoted included the kit..

The other problem is that without projector style headlights the beam aim may not be right come MOT time & Vosa say they are planning to introducing checking that Xenon lights are legal ie self levelling & have a method of cleaning them.

Ah bisto, this is true, I forgot to mention this as old friend did my mot recently & said same thing & also about number plates