Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Things to look out for? ***SCAM SCAM SCAM***

Might be going to view an A3 going quite cheap. What thigns do i look for? he says damage and fault free.

i think it's this A3 if anyone knows the guy. The ebay auction isnt on right now but said he will put a new auction up if i agree to buy.

http://img13.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0ee312.jpg
    Last edited by Woob; 7th March 2009 at 01:21.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    did a text check on the number plate.

3 Owners no colour changes. Not stolen. not scrapped. no record of total loss claim.

so thats good. but can not find out if its really his car untill you get there. i say that as i already had the car pics on my pc

3rd Gear

Status
    i have the same year car n its perfectly fine, the only difference is that he has had the single grill conversion. n it looks really good! what engine is in it?!

Neutral

Status
    2 litre. but its gonig for 2250 due to wedding next montha nd needs cash. thats mighty cheap. he has a good ebay rating but the auction was removed. says ehwill put it back on

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    why was it removed ????

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    2 litre. but its gonig for 2250 due to wedding next montha nd needs cash. thats mighty cheap. he has a good ebay rating but the auction was removed. says ehwill put it back on

6th Gear

Status
    2250? Must be a scam?
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Neutral

Status
    the original auction said it was for bidding by approved bidders only. and he has to approve from what i can tell so it was a closed auction.

Neutral

Status
    every scam ive seen so far has alwasy asked you to send the money over before you get the car. i can view this one i think.

it is anyones car on here? swear i got the pics from here ages ago.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    2250? Must be a scam?
    That or rocketship mileage.

Seems miles too cheap to me too.

Buyer beware I would say.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

A3 3.2Q Sport

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    every scam ive seen so far has alwasy asked you to send the money over before you get the car. i can view this one i think.

it is anyones car on here? swear i got the pics from here ages ago.
    doesn't mean theres not something iffy going on, it might be totally genuine but if it seems to good to be true....

make sure you check everything twice, inc matching the V5 to the address, to the chassis number etc.

3rd Gear

Status
    might be worth ringing him and talkin to him over the phone about the car, get the true milage. mie has just over 50,000 and is worth 6k and nothin wrong with it! either there is a history behind it or some dodgy work has been done on it!!! if you check it over, get all the VIN/engine numbers and also ring up a garage near the owner and ask to book it in for a good check for any chassis damage or anything that could be the reason for the cost being very low.

i also think i have seen this car on here or on another forum! i was looking to fit those alloys on mine n saw that pic!!!!

Neutral

Status
    i remembered the rear lights, check through my galllery of A3 pics and found the same car.

think i will wait to see what the enxt email says. he's being pretty pushy. luckily ive not comited anything yet

A3 3.2Q Sport

Status
    oh yer, another good thing to do is phone up Audi's service dept and run the numberplate with them, it *should* have some service history with them somewhere.... Did this when i bought mine and the local dealer didn't have the details, but they put me onto the one it was with befor

oh, and whatever he says don't turn up with a big wedge of cash until your certain its kosher

Neutral

Status
    i have already said if i like it, i want it through ebay and paypal. and not cash. will pay n my credit card too. so triple protection

6th Gear

Status
    yeah good idea not to do cash, Popular scam at the mo, they lead you into buying the car with a good deal, cash only, you turn up to view, they know you have 2k cash on you somewhere so the mates with bats suddenly appear and say hello to a thrashing and a robbery of 2k cash! Easy!

Neutral

Status
    no such thing as a bargain these days eh. always a scam. thing is, if its on ebay and paypal, that reduces the risk as i should get my cash back if it goes tits up.

but i am skeptical hence why i started this thread. we'll see.

6th Gear

Status
    I think your right to be both sceptical & wise to bring it up on the forum. Looking at the pics I'm guessing its the same car as mine but it must have has the front changed to single grill as a 53 plate was twin. Its too much car for that money, if you do go to look at it, meet in a police car park.....
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Neutral

Status
    he said on the original auction that he had the bonnet and bumper conversion and quad exhausts. police carpark is a very good idea actually

Neutral

Status
    recieved soem emails today from. Seems he's put the transaction through.

this is his ebay profile but i noticed hes not sold any thing at all. also i ahev recieved ebay looking emails but when i go on ebay there is no mention of anything.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...eedbackAsBuyer

it also says this in the "ebay" email

'Payment must be submitted via MoneyGram Money Transfer to an eBay Agent in charge of this transaction. The eBay Agent will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it is the case, the Agent will refund the payment to the Buyer'

i'm pretty sure this is a scam tactic.

also says about a vehicle purchase protection program. this is also a scam im pretty sure.

Neutral

Status
    I have written this email in reply to his emails.

'Hold on. i wanted to see the car long before agreeing to buy it or confirm any transaction. i did not want delivery but collection. I have received emails from 'ebay' but no messages through my ebay page itself. i also stated paypal only not moneygram and a proper ebay auction not an on the side transaction.

when searching for this auction or transaction on ebay nothing comes up at all. similarly vehicle purchase protection program does not exist.
    If you can explain all of this to me very well, i may refrain from reporting you to the police and ebay.

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Do you honestly think there's even 0.000001% chance it's not a scam?

No point in HPI checking, etc. It's a scam. Scam. Scam. Scam.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

6th Gear

Status
    100% scam, he is Nigerian, the car exists but its just a pic off the net, Dont waste your time typing any more emails.

1st Gear

Status
    Oh do come on fella! Of course its a scam! Leave well alone.

There seems to be a few of these posts around of late.
    2004 140 TDi sport 3dr (new turbo)

1st Gear

Status
    Hmm! Seems genuine to me! might put a bid in myself...........what?.....what??......Sorry I'm trying to type in a straight jacket here!!!
    regards
    dave
    A3 2.0Tfsi D.S.G Sportback. Leather, light and rain pack, Interior light pack, bose, bluetooth, 6cd, multifunction wheel, cruise, Heated front/rear seats, Folding mirrors, rear parking sensors , ipod connection in glove box, open sky roof, dual climate, sun blinds, electric drivers seat,