Badger5JMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

Exclamation S3 a bit loose...

Hi guys the s3 to me feels very loose round corners compared to the r32 handling on the r32 is amazing compared to the s3 feels much more planted to the ground... im thinkng of doing some HnR arb's and hopefully it will handle much better....
    has anyone here done the arb's if so whats your view on these? was ther a big difference in handling..?

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Yep - had them on mine for a while now Saf.
    Really rate them, mixed with the H&R srings you already have.
    Certainly tightens everything up no end, you can hold a line tighter, faster and get on the power earlier. Well worth doing mate.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well I went with eibachs & the guy who was supposed to fit other day let me down, so me & mate gonna do rear tomorrow & then I'll get another mate with ramp to drop sub down & do fronts, then I'll report back, sorry Jamie I did appreciate the advice on H&R but Damian only had eibachs in stock which were almost same size, but when I decide to get S3 I'll do H&R most likely, anyway so far eibach parts have impressed me alot, springs are great & seeing the bars makes me think they're also a serious upgrade over stock aswell mate, time will tell huh

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    saf i like your car the hights is nice what mm springs did you use and any rubbing ishues on 19 ....and what are arbs ???

Quote Originally Posted by S3 SAF View Post
    Hi guys the s3 to me feels very loose round corners compared to the r32 handling on the r32 is amazing compared to the s3 feels much more planted to the ground... im thinkng of doing some HnR arb's and hopefully it will handle much better....
    has anyone here done the arb's if so whats your view on these? was ther a big difference in handling..?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    and what are arbs ???
    Anti Roll Bars
    Reduces lean in corners, keeping all tyres planted and can adjust how a car behaves on the limit. The H&R set up eradicates understeer unless really provoking the attitude of the car. Turn in is much improved... well worthy mod IMHO

Pics on track with the roll bars on:

And some S3's on track without them:

Hijacked from the castle combe thread from last year
    Last edited by Jamiekip; 5th March 2009 at 23:53.

2nd Gear

Status
    saf i like your car the hights is nice what mm springs did you use and any rubbing ishues on 19 ....and what are arbs ???

Thanks mate,
    Hnr springs and no rubbing issues at all apart from the lcr splitter kissing the road in and out of my drive.....lol

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    what are they 50 mm

Thanks mate,
    Hnr springs and no rubbing issues at all apart from the lcr splitter kissing the road in and out of my drive.....lol

4th Gear

Status
    what are they 50 mm
    H&R drops the S3 by 25mm

2nd Gear

Status
    looking very tight jamie.... nice

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    thankjs jamie i got an sline sportback and i want it exactly like saf hight what h&rs would i need to get it like that

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    H&R drops the S3 by 25mm

4th Gear

Status
    thankjs jamie i got an sline sportback and i want it exactly like saf hight what h&rs would i need to get it like that
    i think the S3 is lower than the s-line by 10mm, so you'd be looking for a 35mm drop.
    If you have a chat with Damian @ DPM I'll bet he can tell you exactly what to look for

4th Gear

Status
    looking very tight jamie.... nice
    Cheers Saf mate.
    Be warned, the cost to fit the bars is pretty high, as to fit the front bar the sub frame needs to be dropped.... cost me about 260 to have the springs and bars fitted and I'd say 80% of that cost was the bars

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    yeah i bin told this but gona wait till i get the dosh which hopefully is the end of the month thanks pal

H&R drops the S3 by 25mm
    i think the S3 is lower than the s-line by 10mm, so you'd be looking for a 35mm drop.
    If you have a chat with Damian @ DPM I'll bet he can tell you exactly what to look for

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    That's only because everyone on the track was doing at least 40mph more than Jamie at all times.

Bwwwaaaahhhahaaa..... Yeah, those shots we're from the parade lap at the end of the day... busted (just kidding)
    I must remember to give you a beatch slap next time I see you mitch

4th Gear

Status
    OK, shall we use videos rather than pics then? Oh, hang on, no, that wouldn't work for you either would it?

I'm not ashamed that I let the R8 past!
    How's your back anyway... not pulled it playing catch with your kid again have you

4th Gear

Status
    If I hadn't done that there wouldn't be any photos of the run.
    Very true mate

6th Gear

Status
    Bwwwaaaahhhahaaa..... Yeah, those shots we're from the parade lap at the end of the day... busted (just kidding)
    I must remember to give you a beatch slap next time I see you mitch
    OK, shall we use videos rather than pics then? Oh, hang on, no, that wouldn't work for you either would it?

Children, children...... any more of this and you'll be on the naughty step!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well I fitted the rear today, took us about an hour overall & cost feck all, lol, but fronts another story, but even with rear on its made big difference instantly & no its not a placebo effect, its truly made difference, so roll on (scuse pun) front bar

6th Gear

Status
    will you have to watch your cornering speed with miss matched bars for the time being? Shame you dont have your own ramp LOL.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    So. You don't bother to use punctuation then? No wonder it's hard to understand what you're saying? The site doesn't tolerate "text speak". I think it should also consider not tolerating unpunctuated text..
    regards
    dave
    A3 2.0Tfsi D.S.G Sportback. Leather, light and rain pack, Interior light pack, bose, bluetooth, 6cd, multifunction wheel, cruise, Heated front/rear seats, Folding mirrors, rear parking sensors , ipod connection in glove box, open sky roof, dual climate, sun blinds, electric drivers seat,

4th Gear

Status
    I hear what you're saying, but I think a lot of people access through iphones and other mobiles.... sometimes punctuation etc suffers as a result.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by firebobby View Post
    So. You don't bother to use punctuation then? No wonder it's hard to understand what you're saying? The site doesn't tolerate "text speak". I think it should also consider not tolerating unpunctuated text..
    regards
    dave

You should give me a slap on the bum for it then.....

4th Gear

Status
    regards
    dave
    Fireblobby take it easy fella! Its not that hard to understand what he is saying?
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    will you have to watch your cornering speed with miss matched bars for the time being? Shame you dont have your own ramp LOL.
    Well who cares cause at moment its a feck load of fun, really is, Jamie was seriously right, he suggested H&R but Eibachs have also transformed corners, he was so right, so kudo's to him, I actually go round them now, lol, cant wait for fronts to be done & yeah thats on my wish list for new house, ramp, lol

But I want to again give serious Kudo's to Damian@DPM yet again, fantastic service, support aswell been great, I cant say enough about this guy cause items arrive next day & transactions are very easy indeed, I can 1000% point anyone to DPM for items he sells, for me, even though pricing is brilliant aswell, the service I get is well worth it, use them anyday of the year.

regards
    dave
    Not being funny but I think you're of the intelligence to understand even text speak, lets not try & turn this site into something to anal ffs, I mean really if you couldnt understand that then does make you wonder, I read it 1st time without a problem, lets not get overexcited now afterall its friday not monday.

PS. Eaten 2 mcdonalds in 2 days, not good, soon I'll be supersized

5th Gear

Status
    Have you tried jacking your car yet with them on?????

Was funny when i first did on my mk2 golf hehe

5th Gear

Status
    On my golf it takes ages to jack it up as it trys to jack the other side up as well hehe

5th Gear

Status
    On the side note though they made an amazing difference on that!

4th Gear

Status
    That wasn't too bad for an iPhone was it? If I can manage it, so can anyone else.
    But you have girls hands so find it easier to hit the right keys

5th Gear

Status

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    But you have girls hands so find it easier to hit the right keys
    Nah Mitch uses his nails:

Reminds me of Quinny's nails when he was doing a mod, lol

5th Gear

Status
    That is nasty!!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lmao, dont be daft man, u've probably trimmed them since

I tell yer when I googled for an image there's worse than that, I mean how do they pick there nose with them, I should think very well but careful not to pluck an eye out

Sick man I cant see why people would want nails that long, very strange & disturbing, lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Back on topic please guys
    2003 Audi TT 225 Byzanz Purple - 19" Bentley Split Winter Rims & 18" Porsche Split Summer Rims, H&R Coilovers, Defcon 2's, R32 ARB's, Porsche "Big Red" Brakes, LED Bars & Angel Eyes, Carbon Fibre Sills, Vagcheck Stage 2 Remap, BMC Carbon Intake, Forge DV & DV Relocation Kit, Polished Charge Pipe, White Samco Hoses, Smooth Coded Engine Bay Trims, Engine Bay Bling, Pioneer X1-R Headunit, JL Audio 13 W7 - 1000/1, JL Audio ZR 650 Components - 300/2. Many More & Much More to Come...

need 07 s3 front end

Status

new s3 front bumper needed asap

can any body help me

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the forum, but some advice, please post it as a new thread not a post on a thread thats nothing to do with bumper, then you'll get more responces possibly.