S3 a bit loose...

S3 SAF

Reaction score
Hi guys the s3 to me feels very loose round corners compared to the r32 handling on the r32 is amazing compared to the s3 feels much more planted to the ground... im thinkng of doing some HnR arb's and hopefully it will handle much better....
has anyone here done the arb's if so whats your view on these? was ther a big difference in handling..?
:icon_thumright:

Yep - had them on mine for a while now Saf.
Really rate them, mixed with the H&R srings you already have.
Certainly tightens everything up no end, you can hold a line tighter, faster and get on the power earlier. Well worth doing mate.

Well I went with eibachs & the guy who was supposed to fit other day let me down, so me & mate gonna do rear tomorrow & then I'll get another mate with ramp to drop sub down & do fronts, then I'll report back, sorry Jamie I did appreciate the advice on H&R but Damian only had eibachs in stock which were almost same size, but when I decide to get S3 I'll do H&R most likely, anyway so far eibach parts have impressed me alot, springs are great & seeing the bars makes me think they're also a serious upgrade over stock aswell mate, time will tell huh

saf i like your car the hights is nice what mm springs did you use and any rubbing ishues on 19 ....and what are arbs ???

Hi guys the s3 to me feels very loose round corners compared to the r32 handling on the r32 is amazing compared to the s3 feels much more planted to the ground... im thinkng of doing some HnR arb's and hopefully it will handle much better....
has anyone here done the arb's if so whats your view on these? was ther a big difference in handling..?
:icon_thumright:

and what are arbs ???

Anti Roll Bars
Reduces lean in corners, keeping all tyres planted and can adjust how a car behaves on the limit. The H&R set up eradicates understeer unless really provoking the attitude of the car. Turn in is much improved... well worthy mod IMHO

Pics on track with the roll bars on:

IMG_9903.jpg

DPP_0152.jpg

vwaudiday_391.jpg

And some S3's on track without them:

castle32.jpg

castle36.jpg

Hijacked from the castle combe thread from last year

saf i like your car the hights is nice what mm springs did you use and any rubbing ishues on 19 ....and what are arbs ???

Thanks mate,
Hnr springs and no rubbing issues at all apart from the lcr splitter kissing the road in and out of my drive.....lol

looking very tight jamie.... nice:yum:

thankjs jamie i got an sline sportback and i want it exactly like saf hight what h&rs would i need to get it like that

i think the S3 is lower than the s-line by 10mm, so you'd be looking for a 35mm drop.
If you have a chat with Damian @ DPM I'll bet he can tell you exactly what to look for ;)

looking very tight jamie.... nice:yum:

Cheers Saf mate.
Be warned, the cost to fit the bars is pretty high, as to fit the front bar the sub frame needs to be dropped.... cost me about £260 to have the springs and bars fitted and I'd say 80% of that cost was the bars :(

yeah i bin told this but gona wait till i get the dosh which hopefully is the end of the month thanks pal:icon_thumright:

H&R drops the S3 by 25mm

i think the S3 is lower than the s-line by 10mm, so you'd be looking for a 35mm drop.
If you have a chat with Damian @ DPM I'll bet he can tell you exactly what to look for ;)

That's only because everyone on the track was doing at least 40mph more than Jamie at all times.

;)

Bwwwaaaahhhahaaa..... Yeah, those shots we're from the parade lap at the end of the day... busted :busted_cop: (just kidding)
I must remember to give you a beatch slap next time I see you mitch :slap::lmfao:

OK, shall we use videos rather than pics then? Oh, hang on, no, that wouldn't work for you either would it?

;)

I'm not ashamed that I let the R8 past! :p
How's your back anyway... not pulled it playing catch with your kid again have you :undwech:
:)

Bwwwaaaahhhahaaa..... Yeah, those shots we're from the parade lap at the end of the day... busted :busted_cop: (just kidding)
I must remember to give you a beatch slap next time I see you mitch :slap::lmfao:

OK, shall we use videos rather than pics then? Oh, hang on, no, that wouldn't work for you either would it?

;)

Children, children...... any more of this and you'll be on the naughty step!

Well I fitted the rear today, took us about an hour overall & cost feck all, lol, but fronts another story, but even with rear on its made big difference instantly & no its not a placebo effect, its truly made difference, so roll on (scuse pun) front bar

will you have to watch your cornering speed with miss matched bars for the time being? Shame you dont have your own ramp ;) LOL.

So. You don't bother to use punctuation then? No wonder it's hard to understand what you're saying? The site doesn't tolerate "text speak". I think it should also consider not tolerating unpunctuated text..
regards
dave

I hear what you're saying, but I think a lot of people access through iphones and other mobiles.... sometimes punctuation etc suffers as a result.

So. You don't bother to use punctuation then? No wonder it's hard to understand what you're saying? The site doesn't tolerate "text speak". I think it should also consider not tolerating unpunctuated text..
regards
dave

You should give me a slap on the bum for it then.....:asskicking:

regards
dave

Fireblobby take it easy fella! Its not that hard to understand what he is saying?

will you have to watch your cornering speed with miss matched bars for the time being? Shame you dont have your own ramp ;) LOL.

Well who cares cause at moment its a feck load of fun, really is, Jamie was seriously right, he suggested H&R but Eibachs have also transformed corners, he was so right, so kudo's to him, I actually go round them now, lol, cant wait for fronts to be done & yeah thats on my wish list for new house, ramp, lol

But I want to again give serious Kudo's to Damian@DPM yet again, fantastic service, support aswell been great, I cant say enough about this guy cause items arrive next day & transactions are very easy indeed, I can 1000% point anyone to DPM for items he sells, for me, even though pricing is brilliant aswell, the service I get is well worth it, use them anyday of the year.

regards
dave

Not being funny but I think you're of the intelligence to understand even text speak, lets not try & turn this site into something to anal ***, I mean really if you couldnt understand that then does make you wonder, I read it 1st time without a problem, lets not get overexcited now afterall its friday not monday.

PS. Eaten 2 mcdonalds in 2 days, not good, soon I'll be supersized

Have you tried jacking your car yet with them on?????

Was funny when i first did on my mk2 golf hehe

On my golf it takes ages to jack it up as it trys to jack the other side up as well hehe

On the side note though they made an amazing difference on that!

lmao, dont be daft man, u've probably trimmed them since

I tell yer when I googled for an image there's worse than that, I mean how do they pick there nose with them, I should think very well but careful not to pluck an eye out :undwech:

Sick man I cant see why people would want nails that long, very strange & disturbing, lol

Welcome to the forum, but some advice, please post it as a new thread not a post on a thread thats nothing to do with bumper, then you'll get more responces possibly.