s3/s3 sportback difference

S.

Save the manuals
Reaction score
hi there...
is there any difference between s3 and s3 sportback in handling cornering etc. besides 0-60 time?
thanks

Id imagine the handling would be better on the hatchback as its a little smaller, at a guess anyway

It depends what you will use the car for. I went from 2 doors to 4 and find it makes life easier. Picking people up, shopping... You get the idea. But the 3 door is 40kg or 60kg lighter and being smaller it will handle better.

But when they are compared on track times the Sportback is marginally quicker according to that fastest Laps website! :think:

But when they are compared on track times the Sportback is marginally quicker according to that fastest Laps website! :think:
expected that the 2 door is quicker with 40kg less...

i was after 2 door untill i saw a sprintblue sportback which looks greater than i thought it would. so any useful information and opinions are welcome.
thanks guys

The website is http://www.fastestlaps.com/ and you can compare about a dozen or more test tracks which mostly the magazines have reported results with. The S3 & S3 sportback were tested on the Autozeintung (German car mag) test track and the S3sportback was ever so slightly quicker. The performance stats also suggest it is quicker, but it could be a gearing thing or even maybe how well run-in they both were.
Anyhow when I had test drives in the S3 they were both 3 doors but I was planning to buy a 5 door from the start. I cannot say I noticed any difference in the handling, but on test drive you're hardly driving at the limit to be fair. I'd care to suggest there will be virtually nothing in it.
:)