Where to get a green panel filter

the_bugman2000

Reaction score
Everyone seems to recommend the green panel filter, where have people got theirs from? Want to get one sorted before i get my remap done:happy:

Everyone seems to recommend the green panel filter, where have people got theirs from? Want to get one sorted before i get my remap done:happy:

Hmm, a lot of people won't run oiled filters for risk of MAF sensor damage.

From experience i have had even thought the greens are oiled people have never had issues with them or the ITG ones,just mainly k+n and thats only some cars might be that some people when they clean them apply too much oil,who knows but bit of a wierd one

l ran a green cotton panel filter in my s3 for 6 months. didnt notice any difference from day one, its gone now replaced with a forge, munto difference.

I have had my green panel filter in probably well over a year with no issues to date!

For the sake of £30 from Green, there isnt much to lose!

These worthwhile in a 2.0 TDi?
Obviously not gonna see any gains but still...?

These worthwhile in a 2.0 TDi?
Obviously not gonna see any gains but still...?

Diesels generally respond even better than petrols to a panel filter.

I have had my green panel filter in probably well over a year with no issues to date!

For the sake of £30 from Green, there isnt much to lose!

I'm aware of plenty of people who have suffered MAF sensor failure after fitting any oiled filter. The fact that K&N still deny this is possible seems quite wrong! The construction of K&N, Green and any other cotton gauze air filter is very similar.

I read about this too and thats why i went Green and not K&N - the guys over at SCN praised the green ones in their tuned 1.9TDI's

Reactions: mattupnorth
thanks for all your comments guys! Will try and get one sorted this week before it goes in for a re map on thursday.

Get a pre map rolling road done on your car to see what the car is actually putting out

then get another with the filter to see if there is any difference and then do the same with the map on!