New car ideas?

Sohrob

Reaction score
Pretty much decided that the s3 will be gone by the summer and im looking for its replacement with the following cars shortlisted.

996 Turbo (modded)

e90 m3 coupe (white)

rs4 (bottom of list as getting a bit long in the tooth)

e46 m3 csl (same reason as rs4)

sl55

My budget is around £40k

Any other ideas????????????

All nice motors.

Has to be, 996 Turbo.

IMO nicer looking front end than the 997, prefer the `Boxster` style lights.

If you need 4 seats then probably the E90 M3, although apparently there are late registered RS4s to be had on 08 plates? Cooler car than the M3 IMO.

Happy shopping

Paul

get a 997 Carrera S (cab if you like)
or an M5
Ferrari 360
spend an extra 15k and get a Gallardo.

i like m5's but they are a bit big, also i do like the 997s however again it would have to be a turbo.

£40k is my max so no gallardo but after seing the problems my friends had with them i wouldnt buy one anyway.

I'd go a 997 S TBH.
It's fresher, looks better than the 996 in my opnion and is 380bhp so plenty quick enough!

The Porsche is phenomenal, it really is. Not overly expensive to maintain despite its supercar performance/noise.

If you want to look like a footballer, get a Bentley Conti GT, My dads mate just picked one up on a 55 plate for £36k!

I also know someone who picked up a cat D gallardo for 32k and cost him 10k to repair. Thats a sorted car for 42k!

Same boat as you really, next car budget is around 40k, and i'll get the Carrera. What ****** me off is i've seen nice, 55-plate 997s for less than I paid for my new S3 7 months ago. I should have waited!

I would probably go for a 997 Carrera S. Still going to be a hell of a car and 2nd only in looks to the 993 for me...

I doubt this will be what your after compared to the other cars you are looking at but latest shape Jaguar XKR?

Another vote for the 996/997 here...or an AMG63 V8 :yes: I know the motor comes wrapped in a taxi, but what a motor :faint:

I'd be very tempted by an Aston at £40K! Failing that, the E92 M3 (E90 is saloon) is a great car if you need something a bit more practical.

This may sound weird but i think Astons are s**t, i just dont like them and they arent that quick plus they leak and the interior is shoddy.

m6 could be an option or the ttrs?

This may sound weird but i think Astons are s**t, i just dont like them and they arent that quick plus they leak and the interior is shoddy.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one...

Replicate the Aston Martin experience for a fraction of the price - buy a 500 quid jag XJ-S :happy:

I'll be in the same position come July matey...

I've considered playing it safe, saving a bit of money and opting for a 335i coupe... Some dirt cheap ones about and it's a phenomenal car. Maybe too plain for some though.

I'm pondering the same couple of cars as you've mentioned... 997 carrera S and E90 M3 coupe. Totally depends what you need practicality wise i suppose, only you can decide that, and don't forget running costs. It's all good and well throwing around the idea of a Gallardo but good luck with servicing it and maintaining it out of warranty!! Not for me thank you!

My uncle has a 997 C4S and it's phenomenal (just come out of warranty so i might get him to sell me that). Very easy to drive and controllable about town so not bad for even commuting providing you can afford the fuel bills. Engine sound is just beautiful and lets be honest.... It's a Porsche. Servicing costs aren't insane compared to other 'supercar' marques either.
What is nice about Porsche's is that everything feels 'special' and low production...Unlike in a Lambo for example where you've got an RNS-E straight out of an A3 or an Aston where you've got switches from a Volvo or Mondeo.

The M3 is probably the best all round car in the world (IMHO). It just does everything perfectly and it's as quick as the Carrera.

If it was my money i'd have a 997 CS, if i needed a little more practicality....The E90 M3. Can't go far wrong with either really can you!

P.S. I agree with the Aston comments. Since the big corporate take over they just feel pretty uninspiring to me. I had a spin in an AMV8 last year and it definitely lacks the quality of a Carrera or Audi R8.

996 turbo every day of the week!

What a nice position you find yourself in.

:hubbahubba:

:idea: I wonder how much my left are is worth?? .... oh wait, its a manual..