Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 561 to 600 of 724
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

  1. #561
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    Surely the software side is different, with it having the built in boost gauge. Is this option on the facelift S3's or just the RS3?
    This software is S3, also have the RS3.

    The engine control unit tells the cluster to go 100 km / h and 3000 rpm, it marks it correctly.

    We have to see the cluster as a mini VCDS, you can read values ​​and presents them to us.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #562
    RYes3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    730

    09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

    I have a 2012 S3 and I don't have the boost gauge???
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

  4. #563
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_NOOB View Post
    I have a 2012 S3 and I don't have the boost gauge???
    You have the menu Lap Time?

    Actually this is not to say you know because your not.

    Yours is KM / h or Miles?

  5. #564
    S.
    S.'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,422
    i'm interested into boost gauge aswell. i've got lap timer, km/h, oil temp, but not boost gauge.. have checked every option in VCDS and DIS and there is nowhere boost gauge to set...
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

    / Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...


  6. #565
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    I gather from what people are saying about facelift s3's not having the boost gauge that it's only active on the RS3 cluster

  7. #566
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    I do not know, just know that my have it working 100% in my car.

  8. #567
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I think people need to stop getting excited about this atm as he's obviously been copying eproms, messing with the programming/firmware which may present issues for some with audi aswell futurewise.

    Also looks like he's rewritten the chassis number which is zero'd out, until he goes into detail, I wouldnt entertain the possibles atm.
    Never gonna give problems,

    Vin, login, immo is the original part of the car in the cluster.

    Until it has more to each post's ago you said to MicasB it was impossible I have cluster of the 2.0 FSI that was on my car, that did not work, so it's possible that I had three years to work up to convert it to S3 yesterday.


  9. #568
    S.
    S.'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,422
    i saw on the web that someone enabled boost gauge on a q7 tdi? he just checked lap timer in vcds and he got it on DIS. but again others that have tried didn't have that luck..
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

    / Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...


  10. #569
    RYes3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    730

    09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    You have the menu Lap Time?

    Actually this is not to say you know because your not.

    Yours is KM / h or Miles?
    I am in mph and I have the lap timer yes.
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

  11. #570
    RYes3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    730

    09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

    I'm more interested in having oil temp more easily accessible than the boost but that would be nice too.

    Its a real faff going into the "check" sub menu to see oil temp currently!
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

  12. #571
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_NOOB View Post
    I'm more interested in having oil temp more easily accessible than the boost but that would be nice too.

    Its a real faff going into the "check" sub menu to see oil temp currently!
    Yer and it's annoying that it won't stay displayed either, I'd prefer oil pressure over temp mind

  13. #572
    RYes3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    730

    09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    Yer and it's annoying that it won't stay displayed either, I'd prefer oil pressure over temp mind
    Yep, as a rule I try not to spool the turbo too much until I get good oil temp. Obviously oil pressure would be far more useful though as an indication of a problem.
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

  14. #573
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_NOOB View Post
    I am in mph and I have the lap timer yes.
    Strange, in my quadrant not have to foot the vin menu temp. of oil.

    I'll test lap deactivate the team to see if working in another menu.

    -------------------------------------------------- -

    As for the Audi Q7, I think it is a cluster with NEC, which gives to activate the eprom reading before and after activation, you can try to do this manually in not giving in eprom.

  15. #574
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    Never gonna give problems,

    Vin, login, immo is the original part of the car in the cluster.

    Until it has more to each post's ago you said to MicasB it was impossible I have cluster of the 2.0 FSI that was on my car, that did not work, so it's possible that I had three years to work up to convert it to S3 yesterday.

    Am i correct in thinking you've transplanted the white lcd displays from a facelift cluster onto your pre-facelift cluster in place of the red ones? Not too electronically minded but i assume the units would be identical but just display different colours?

    If that makes sense?

  16. #575
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    Am i correct in thinking you've transplanted the white lcd displays from a facelift cluster onto your pre-facelift cluster in place of the red ones? Not too electronically minded but i assume the units would be identical but just display different colours?

    If that makes sense?
    The funds S3 S3 2006 and 2008 are the same, only changes have the icon of Magnetic Ride and ESP OFF.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I've been to see the references in this quadrant and he is a 8P0 920 932E - 2009 seconds Ekta S3.

    but the cutest is having another reference that is 8P0 920 932M RS3.

    The quadrant is the end of 2009, do not know if it would be some quadrant tests for the RS3 software and have changed.

    What is certain is that I managed to activate the menu quarters of 2011 which has Estimation, media and real fuel.

    -------------------------------------------------- ---------------

    Now I do not know if you are counting as an S3 or RS3 as Needles in terms of scale, I have to stretch the car but I have the support of gearbox, middle party :S

    -------------------------------------------------------------------

    Well it can get the versions of 2011 too
    20pricey11 likes this.

  17. #576
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    The funds S3 S3 2006 and 2008 are the same, only changes have the icon of Magnetic Ride and ESP OFF.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I've been to see the references in this quadrant and he is a 8P0 920 932E - 2009 seconds Ekta S3.

    but the cutest is having another reference that is 8P0 920 932M RS3.

    The quadrant is the end of 2009, do not know if it would be some quadrant tests for the RS3 software and have changed.

    What is certain is that I managed to activate the menu quarters of 2011 which has Estimation, media and real fuel.

    -------------------------------------------------- ---------------

    Now I do not know if you are counting as an S3 or RS3 as Needles in terms of scale, I have to stretch the car but I have the support of gearbox, middle party :S

    -------------------------------------------------------------------

    Well it can get the versions of 2011 too
    Were UK so we have MPH as the main scale

    Can you explain how you did it?

  18. #577
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    Were UK so we have MPH as the main scale

    Can you explain how you did it?
    How did what?

    I'll try to see if you can add it in a quadrant of TDI.

    And can not guarantee that this gives some work to reschedule, but then give news occurred or did not

  19. #578
    Jay.Ing's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    264
    Ive tried to enable the Lap timer and Staging in mine, No Joy Just doesnt save the coding. I had staging activtaed in my A1 That was a Cool little mod!
    20pricey11 likes this.
    2012 A3 Ibis White SportBack Black Edition 140

    Mods so far: H&R 50mm, Rain Light Sensor, RNS-E, Cruise control, Interior OEM LED mood light, OEM LED number plate lights, OEM LED Puddle lights, OEM LED Footwell Lights, tear drop wiping, Beep confirm on close, pressed plates, HHA & TPMS.

    Red A4 Black Edition 150Tdi.... On order!

    Gone But Not Forgotten....
    2011 A1 Black Sline 106
    2006 A3 Red Sline 140

  20. #579
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay.Ing View Post
    Ive tried to enable the Lap timer and Staging in mine, No Joy Just doesnt save the coding. I had staging activtaed in my A1 That was a Cool little mod!
    For I could test but we are too far away to see it but I had to give to activate 50% / 50%.

  21. #580
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    For I could test but we are too far away to see it but I had to give to activate 50% / 50%.
    How would you activate it?

  22. #581
    Digzz's Avatar
    "Started From The Bottom"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,383
    "LauAlf"

    How did you manage to change the Climate control lights from Red to White also the lights on the steering wheel and the light switch ?

  23. #582
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Digzz View Post
    "LauAlf"

    How did you manage to change the Climate control lights from Red to White also the lights on the steering wheel and the light switch ?
    Where did you see this at? Have i missed this?

    I would imagine the light switch and steering wheel are smd's which are easily change, climate i have no idea on though

  24. #583
    Digzz's Avatar
    "Started From The Bottom"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    Where did you see this at? Have i missed this?

    I would imagine the light switch and steering wheel are smd's which are easily change, climate i have no idea on though



    Hello from Portugal

  25. #584
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Digzz View Post
    Cheers for that

    Definatley just an SMD replacement, doesn't look right though with the red LCD on the climate, but impressive none the less. Woudnt dream of ripping my rnse apart for an SMD replacement!

  26. #585
    Ash187's Avatar
    Audi Retrofitter

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent
    Posts
    6,388

    My Social Networking

    Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Amar has also done that on his car... he not only ripped his roof off to fit a glass roof but also replaced all the smd's... yes he is nuts!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

    MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

  27. #586
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Digzz View Post
    "LauAlf"

    How did you manage to change the Climate control lights from Red to White also the lights on the steering wheel and the light switch ?
    All car is SMD led PLCC2 - 2500 MCD White.

    RNS-E is SMD lde 1206 - 3000 MCD White.

    I ordered the LEDs from ebay.

    The RNS also methyl, Led PLCC2, but the buttons were not working as it should be seen to be very large.

    After methyl, Led 0805 - 2500 mcd illumination but could not as it should be.

    Until we got the led on 1206 - 3000 mcd and got better, also the button you used to regulate mirrors.

    Other changes:

    BMW 535D

    216871_10150156578293612_8197594_n[1].jpg

    Golf 5

    576579_10150726575243612_761744105_n[1].jpg

    About pointers and boost today I was doing some tests, but so far nothing since it takes some time to reprogram and time for various tests do not have much.

  28. #587
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    All car is SMD led PLCC2 - 2500 MCD White.

    RNS-E is SMD lde 1206 - 3000 MCD White.

    I ordered the LEDs from ebay.

    The RNS also methyl, Led PLCC2, but the buttons were not working as it should be seen to be very large.

    After methyl, Led 0805 - 2500 mcd illumination but could not as it should be.

    Until we got the led on 1206 - 3000 mcd and got better, also the button you used to regulate mirrors.

    Other changes:

    BMW 535D

    216871_10150156578293612_8197594_n[1].jpg

    Golf 5

    576579_10150726575243612_761744105_n[1].jpg

    About pointers and boost today I was doing some tests, but so far nothing since it takes some time to reprogram and time for various tests do not have much.
    Does the boost shown on your tdi not function then? It's displayed but not working?

  29. #588
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    Does the boost shown on your tdi not function then? It's displayed but not working?
    Boost in my car is running, but the bar is always 40%.

  30. #589
    S.
    S.'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    Boost in my car is running, but the bar is always 40%.
    that's useless anyway. first i thought it would be cool to have it on the car, but since it's only a bar and not number you don't know actually what boost are you runing. and i think that on remaped rs3's and ttrs's that boost display doesn't show boost properly anymore.
    so it's cool but useless.
    but there is MFA XP for vw golf 6 that has many more options, but unfortunately no for s3.
    MFA Premium im VW Golf VI GTI - YouTube
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

    / Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...


  31. #590
    Digzz's Avatar
    "Started From The Bottom"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    All car is SMD led PLCC2 - 2500 MCD White.

    RNS-E is SMD lde 1206 - 3000 MCD White.

    I ordered the LEDs from ebay.

    The RNS also methyl, Led PLCC2, but the buttons were not working as it should be seen to be very large.

    After methyl, Led 0805 - 2500 mcd illumination but could not as it should be.

    Until we got the led on 1206 - 3000 mcd and got better, also the button you used to regulate mirrors.

    Other changes:

    BMW 535D

    216871_10150156578293612_8197594_n[1].jpg

    Golf 5

    576579_10150726575243612_761744105_n[1].jpg

    About pointers and boost today I was doing some tests, but so far nothing since it takes some time to reprogram and time for various tests do not have much.
    Any links to these LED'S ? also any guides out there ?

  32. #591
    Digzz's Avatar
    "Started From The Bottom"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,383
    I'm finally going to do this mod ....

    Can anybody confirm what Fuel Sender I'll need to swap out ? it will be much appreciated.........

    I have read this thread and just need to confirm what Fuel Sender I need.

    I have a 53 plate TDI which will mean it needs to be changed.

    1K0919050J is this the right part number for the fuel sender that I'll need ?


  33. #592
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    that's useless anyway. first i thought it would be cool to have it on the car, but since it's only a bar and not number you don't know actually what boost are you runing. and i think that on remaped rs3's and ttrs's that boost display doesn't show boost properly anymore.
    so it's cool but useless.
    but there is MFA XP for vw golf 6 that has many more options, but unfortunately no for s3.
    MFA Premium im VW Golf VI GTI - YouTube
    this shows the real, but the progress bar, but it is not bad.

  34. #593
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    that's useless anyway. first i thought it would be cool to have it on the car, but since it's only a bar and not number you don't know actually what boost are you runing. and i think that on remaped rs3's and ttrs's that boost display doesn't show boost properly anymore.
    so it's cool but useless.
    but there is MFA XP for vw golf 6 that has many more options, but unfortunately no for s3.
    MFA Premium im VW Golf VI GTI - YouTube
    I had this on my mk6 gti. It's no better than the s3 highline to be honest, just laid out a bit different and dedicated screens for the music and phone.

    And as for the boost reading, I agree it's worthless. Even more so as its permanently showing 40%!

  35. #594
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    After several tests, I managed to get us up and running TDI.


  36. #595
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    44
    Made by my friend owns the car when he arrived home now.

    Movie in HD.


  37. #596
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by LauAlf View Post
    Made by my friend owns the car when he arrived home now.

    Movie in HD.

    wow, very impressive.

    well done with that. Just need some facelift clocks now.

    Any chance of a how to?

  38. #597
    Digzz's Avatar
    "Started From The Bottom"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    wow, very impressive.

    well done with that. Just need some facelift clocks now.

    Any chance of a how to?

    I doubt this guy will show you anything...He seems to show off about things but won't say a thing on how to do anything. I don't see a point even getting excited about anything he posts.

    OCD-A3 likes this.

  39. #598
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    well tbh i can understand why he does as he has put his time and invested in tools, same thing happened to me with the facelift but then i was doing it because i wanted it not as a business point


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  40. #599
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    ill be impressed when i see one of the a4 colour dis screens in there


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  41. #600
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Digzz View Post
    I doubt this guy will show you anything...He seems to show off about things but won't say a thing on how to do anything. I don't see a point even getting excited about anything he posts.

    Looks like il have to work it out for myself then.

    If anybody knows anyone whos got a white S3 cluster for sale PM me, il have it. Cash waiting

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO