09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

Great Mod... Nigel, great show.. Keep it up mate.

I got Audi A3 08/2008 Tdi sports-back.

Any rough idea like how much it will cost. Sorry if I have asked the same question again as I have not read all the posts.

I got Audi A3 08/2008 Tdi sports-back.

Any rough idea like how much it will cost. Sorry if I have asked the same question again as I have not read all the posts.

Hi Sum-Audi,

First of all, its SPORTBACK not Sports-Back. Mine is also a 2008 (08) and I also have the new cluster. Your looking at 3 costs:

1. Cost of the Cluster (£100-£300)
2. Audi to Code it (£60)
3. Mileage Correction (£80-£150)

Reactions: kiopcio

I have not read all the posts.

Thanks, but read all the posts please, before asking questions, as we get allot of repetition on the forum which is unneeded.

N8 has covered it all :)

Right i have got my fbmfsw fitted and clock-car was not mf before
Still some issues tho :(

Please can any 1 clarify the following:
On the fbmfsw is the mode button only for the phone prep? or does it change the dash menu?
If this is the case that i do need the stalk,then as my car is an se,will i need the stalk to change the dash menu?
Can i use any e.g from a 56 audi a3?or vw,seat etc...or will it need a new 2008- stalk

Mode button is only for phone prep.

Dash menu uses the multi function wiper stalk & if not fitted but have a DIS, you can fit this from any 8P tbh.

cheers nige your a star
may need a c/e pm'd you earlier
i thought i could use the same stalk
i think i may also be able to use one from a mk5 golf(with mfsw) as they have the same steering control module f

fitted the stalk in last night did not think it was going to be so involved, once i got started there was no going back...its fitted now and all working with all the menu functions, for other members... all stalks will wokr and enable dash functions on se cars
love the digital speed...dont know what the times are in there for or how to set them
I have lost my multi function controls as i did the job myself i guess i will need that coding again in vcds?

fitted the stalk in last night did not think it was going to be so involved, once i got started there was no going back...its fitted now and all working with all the menu functions, for other members... all stalks will wokr and enable dash functions on se cars
love the digital speed...dont know what the times are in there for or how to set them
I have lost my multi function controls as i did the job myself i guess i will need that coding again in vcds?

Where did u get it coded ? and how much did you pay ?

He might only be able to do the older 8L or early 8P clocks but I guess its worth a call. I sat my test in knightswood LOL

What are the option you guys have in the menu section?
Is there any to change the interior lights brightness,

like the golf? but not a golf?

Great thread, lots of a good info :)

My current 3.2 cluster is 8P0 920 930 T, but i´m not sure which partnumber I should look for to get the white DIS - Can someone help me with a PN? :racer:

I have a white cluster which is up for sale. Removed from a 2011 car. So if anybody is interested in this Cluster PM me if you are interested.

Digzz

img2216m.jpg

Looks like a diesel one from the photo as the revs only go up to 6

Chris

Your right I think it is a diesel....:uhm: Even thou the guy I bought it off said it was from a petrol. Oh well.....

hello
I have a audi a3 2005 with cluster 8p0920930R and I want to put a cluster of 2009
I have the pin code of the two.
And my problem is I do not know how to marry the car keys
I have tools vagcom y vas 5054
I would greatly appreciate to help me thank you very much

Take it to a dealer, dont waste your time doing yourself.

Nigel just installed the white dis in my car and i think it is absolutely fantastic and big thanks to him for sorting it all out :) With the white dis can people see the cruise control speed come up on the display as i thought this was a feature of the new dis but couldn't get it to work when i was using the cruise earlier, also is there no way of getting the advanced comfort menu on the settings now i have the new cluster installed as nigel couldn't seem to find it on vcds earlier?

Thanks
Chris

Nigel just installed the white dis in my car and i think it is absolutely fantastic and big thanks to him for sorting it all out :) With the white dis can people see the cruise control speed come up on the display as i thought this was a feature of the new dis but couldn't get it to work when i was using the cruise earlier, also is there no way of getting the advanced comfort menu on the settings now i have the new cluster installed as nigel couldn't seem to find it on vcds earlier?

Thanks
Chris

No worries glad I could help.

Sorry mate but you misunderstood, it wasnt the fact I couldnt see it, it was as advised the modules you have fitted dont support anymore than whats on the display now.

Also the cruise display maybe related to also other modules fitted.

Right ok, i see now, shame i have such an early car with crappy modules!! :) Thanks again Nigel

@amar, i will be posting some pics up on my build thread sometime this week :)

Chris

Hi all am just doing the conversion for the cluster upgrade and was wondering what i need to change as mine comes with esp light no powersteering and also fuel is empty but i believe i have the facelift and have the wiring but do i need to change the pump or the fuel feed unit ? sorry am new to this

Hi I have done this mod looks great and thnks for the info one problem I noticed is now my electric windows no longer go up or down on the switches but do so one the key has anyone come across this ? HELP PLS :)

How did you get over the immo as this is always best done at a dealer for security reasons.

What else have you messed with in coding as the doors arent even remotely affected by the cluster swap, assume they dont go up or down on the switches at all or are you referring to the auto function?

They dont go up and down on the switches at all and i had a friend code the immo for me from the ecu but when i switch to the old cluster windows go up and down normal :S so am hoping it is just a matter of coding in vcds do u happen how to go about gettting them to work again pls :S Also i looked at my fuel pump connection and has 5 wires going out from it does that mean i only need to replace the fuel pump ? as the block behind the cluster i cant see the wires as it is all one big blue block with a purple lock thing

You need to check the block for the wire, dont be lazy.

As for cluster swap making windows go wrong, I had a cluster done yesterday & had no such issues, so who knows what he did to your car, compare old & new coding.

help me please windows still not going up or down :( but can be controlled by the key and i checked all wiring on the block

I already advised you to compare the coding of old & new clusters, have you done this yet?

yes i done this today mate all seems fine even on vcds when i check the driver side electrics it reads when i press the window buttons just no action :s Do you think this could be because the cluster i have on top of the milleage says SAFE ? went to Audi today in my area absolute useless people

If you have safe in your cluster but car runs fine, then you have issues as thats not correct at all & indicates immo isnt either done right or someone has done something wrong with the cluster, you said your mate did immo, I would go back to him & ask exactly what he did.

Well my car had immo removed from the ecu as i had this changed not long ago by ecutesting.com and therefore the new ecu has had immo off which is why my car starts and runs fine i had a word with my friend today and he said that the only thing he did was code all the brakes and steering which wasnt corresponding do you know any local places in london where i can take my cluster to be coded propley ?

You had the immo removed, are you mad, well without logs of the car we cant say, but this isnt the correct thread for the window issue so start another & post logs of the car.

If your ecu has been tampered with, then the cluster cant be programmed properly as its not recognising the immo system state, I'll be honest I havnt tested windows on a car with immo not coded, but I will tomorrow if I get a chance, stands to reason tbh if immo isnt coded then for security it disables the windows.