Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Anybody in the Manchester area used any Audi dealers local to them to get there clocks coded??? I'm struggling to get mine done!!
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Wes just get your finger out & goto Stoke :P

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    I will drive to Stoke to get it done no probs, are they familiar with this?? How much do they charge?
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

Neutral

Status
    If I got this done could I have needle sweep activated?

:)

Status
    Yes stoke can do it,
    £60 ish, inc VAT

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    I will drive to Stoke to get it done no probs, are they familiar with this?? How much do they charge?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeroywarner View Post
    If I got this done could I have needle sweep activated?
    Needle sweep can only be done on later S3's and RS3's & would already be enabled if possible.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    Yes stoke can do it,
    £60 ish, inc VAT
    Is this from personal experience mate, want to be sure I don't get all the way down there and they start scratching there heads!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Wes, take my word for it (even if I have already advised you to use Stoke you northern monkey :P ) they have done a number of them now mate for £48 iirc.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Northern monkey hahaha!! I suppose I better get my ass in gear and get booked in then, waiting to see if Matt wants to follow too!

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Wes, take my word for it (even if I have already advised you to use Stoke you northern monkey :P ) they have done a number of them now mate for £48 iirc.
    Anything goes wrong I can just blame you haha!! I'll pass your mobile number onto them lol!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Strangely I'm going to drive my mates S3 to audi tomorrow for an updated cluster fitment lol.

Hey if they cant do there job, then feel free to give them my premium number 05477 69 2773, check that number with T9 text on your phone mate lmfao.

Status
    From another forum members experience m8, price is £54 all in :-)

Is this from personal experience mate, want to be sure I don't get all the way down there and they start scratching there heads!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    From another forum members experience m8, price is £54 all in :-)
    Done?

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Just rang them and had an in depth conversation with them and they want 1.5 hrs labour to do the job, they didn't seem to know anything about anybody else having there clusters done there!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    1.5 hours, feck me they should check there climate system in the dealership for any bags of coke open, mates done this morning fairly quickly, cant recall the cost atm, but wasnt high, but they're more expensive down south anyway lol.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    I need to find someone who has personally been to Stoke Audi so I can see exactly how much they were charged and what for and also who did the job as they don't seem to know of anyone going there to have this done!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I need to find someone who has personally been to Stoke Audi so I can see exactly how much they were charged and what for and also who did the job as they don't seem to know of anyone going there to have this done!
    I had mine done there wes and paid £55

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I nudged N8 to advise, I know others have done at Stoke

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Same here Nigella.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    What a waste of time!! Half a day off, 2 of us £30 each in juice all the way to Stoke Audi for them to have my car for an hour!! Only for them to then come out and say we can't do it because the mileage is different on the White cluster than what's on my car!!! How obvious is that!! Somebody please remind me again why I f**kin hate Audi with a passion!!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    That is absolutely the biggest load of bollards I've heard in my life, they know a used cluster is going to be used, they have coded in a number of them for others FFS, audi have no rules to say they cant code a used cluster, wtf is there problem!!!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

On my invoice it even stated my mileage and mileage of new cluster it's really not hard! You've had so much of a ball ache with this Wes you really have!

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    I know yeh, just gonna get rid of them I can't be asses with the aggro!! Typical Audi "computer says no mate" and that was coming from the master tech!! God knows what they were taught at training school!!

6th Gear

Status
    My invoice also said what mileage was on my old cluster too. I wonder if the dealers are being told not to code used clusters?? Looks like I was lucky to get mine done! Maybe just take it to one of the tuners who bypasses the immob LOL

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Typical Audi "computer says no mate" and that was coming from the master tech!!
    Hold on, what exactly were you told, they couldnt or wouldnt code them?

As I know they can given I had a set of S3 clocks coded into a Jan 07 S3 last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    Maybe just take it to one of the tuners who bypasses the immob LOL
    Unlikely mate, vcds cant be used to do immo for the challenge id system which newer clusters have afaik, skc yes.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    They said they couldn't do it because the mileage would be different so it would be fraud, and they couldn't change the mileage because there not new clocks!! They said they didn't know me from Adam so couldn't do it!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    What a load of crap, truly, they are allowed to fit used clusters & there is no law that states you cant, just mileage is noted & cluster change noted, its not fraud unless you claim its the correct mileage when you sell the car & who you are is irrelevant, you are paying them to do a legit job, they're jst pissed cause you proved them it wasnt a 3 hour job at £200+

Well I know for sure I can get it coded in mate if you fancy a trip down south.

Status
    They said they couldn't do it because the mileage would be different so it would be fraud, and they couldn't change the mileage because there not new clocks!! They said they didn't know me from Adam so couldn't do it!!
    So they CAN do it, but as they dont "know" you BLAH BLAH BLAH ,
    thats basically what my local Audi garage said as well m8 even although they have the complete warranty,service,and mot history, and a parts list like only people on this site would believe, all the warranty, service and mot work is from me over the last 4 years FFS!!!, so i thought i would travel 250 miles to Stoke for them to do mine as well, i better have a rethink
    Last edited by martinivw; 22nd September 2011 at 21:47.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    What a load of crap, truly, they are allowed to fit used clusters & there is no law that states you cant, just mileage is noted & cluster change noted, its not fraud unless you claim its the correct mileage when you sell the car & who you are is irrelevant, you are paying them to do a legit job, they're jst pissed cause you proved them it wasnt a 3 hour job at £200+
    EXACTLY!!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Find out if Nathan small still works in the service department he sorted me out.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Don't think so N8, just a bloke called Chris and Adrian, I told them they were used clicks so they never should of let me go down there and waste my time!! I've not finished with them yet! They can reimburse my half days wage and fuel costs as it was there error!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    TBH mate you should challenge this full stop based on records of others being coded by them which were used.

6th Gear

Status
    Is this the same Stoke Audi that supports this forum & has ebay shop?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Yes!!!!!!!!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats whats so strange about it though, they've usually been very helpful, I can only believe they dont like the fact people are aware its a job that takes minimal & they cant rip you of for 2-3 hours, I mean the job is timed anyway, they have set allotment of time required to do, so why try & charge you more.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Ha, well said Nige

Status

AT LAST!!!!!
    Well chuffed ,
    Thanks Nigel,Ewan & Nathan

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    I have a white cluster showing 32k (I think!) which are up for sale. Removed from a 10 car a little under a year ago I am not going to get the time or money (need the fuel sender changing on my car, per-facelift and mileage correcting) to get them fitted as I have other projects and need funds. So PM me if you are interested. Otherwise they will go on eGay next week.

Cheers
    Joe

Click above for my A3 Build thread!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Off what model Joe? TDI?

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Off what model Joe? TDI?
    Sorry should have said! Yes off a Diesel.

Cheers N8!

Click above for my A3 Build thread!