AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: 2.0TDI EGR

Neutral

Status

2.0TDI EGR

Hi all,

I've always disliked the jerky/dip in power as the egr switches over when pulling away.

I was thinking about replacing the EGR with one of Allard EGR bypass tubes, but I decided in the meantime just to block the vacuum line to the EGR.

When I drove it yesterday I didn't get a fault lamp. However, this morning (When it was very cold -1) the engine lamp came on with an EGR fault.

With older PD engines you used to be able to modify the adaption so that the engine would use less EGR and hence not bring up a fault.

Does anyone know if it can be done on a 2004 2.0TDI (BKD). Or know of another way round not getting the fault lamp?

Cheers

Andy
    Everyday:
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro - 2008, Panther Black
    Upgrades: Planning in progress !!!

Weekends:
    Audi ur quattro - 1989 (was 2.2 5cyl turbo, currently evolving to 3.6 V8 twin turbo!)

Registered VAGCOM user.

2. # ADS
    ADS

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Get the fault removed when you get the car remapped. Jabba have for sale their own EGR delete pipe ( 1.9 PD engine ) and map the light out for you if they fit it.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.