Chris NottEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

2.0TDI Sachs Performance Upgraded Clutch

Again, I thought I'd let everyone know in case they wanted to do the same mod.

I've got my car back on the road having fitted a new dmf and sachs performance clutch.

The feel of the clutch is virtually identical to the standard clutch (as far as I can remember).

The clutch bite point seems to be a little bit more repeatable/reliable. I used to get caught out when jumping from one car to another and acidentally stalling due to poor clutch control or unsmooth gearcahnges. I think the sprung plate and sprung flywheel was providing too much compliance, where as the solid friction plate and the sprung flywheel gives me a better feel.

Hopefully now when I go for more umph my clutch will hold up!

And to let you know, I don't think I'd ever change the clutch again by myself and without a ramp etc. The gearbox is one heavy son of a b*?ch.
    Everyday:
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro - 2008, Panther Black
    Upgrades: Planning in progress !!!

Weekends:
    Audi ur quattro - 1989 (was 2.2 5cyl turbo, currently evolving to 3.6 V8 twin turbo!)

Registered VAGCOM user.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I'm on the vurge of getting my Clutch & Flywheel changed but wasn't sure whether to get a performance Sachs or not.

Is there a big price difference? How much did it set you back?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

Neutral

Status
    I got a flywheel, upgraded pressure plate, upgrade friction plate and release bearing from Amd. I think it was about 850 all in.

I wasn't sure where else to get them. But I got a quote from VW for a flywheel 487. And if you go onto sachs website the parts are more expensive on there than Amd charged.

I think Amd have a special offer on fitting these at the minute 100?

If you're going to change the clutch definately go for the upgraded version, as I said, I prefer it to the standard one.
    Everyday:
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro - 2008, Panther Black
    Upgrades: Planning in progress !!!

Weekends:
    Audi ur quattro - 1989 (was 2.2 5cyl turbo, currently evolving to 3.6 V8 twin turbo!)

Registered VAGCOM user.

5th Gear

Status
    850 all in isn't bad at all!

It's just that I don't want it to be a case where the uprated clutch will end up feeling worse in the long run compared to the standard clutch but from what you've said, it seems it ain't bad!

I do miss the feeling of torque. My flywheel is getting worse and worse. The torque has just dissapeared =(

To be honest though, i've had bad things from AmD but i'll look into it.

Many thanks!
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Lots of companies sale the Sachs and Helix clutch upgrade like AwesomeGTI etc. The feel of a standard uprated clutch from Sachs and Helix with the organic drive disc will feel basically the same both on clutch peddle pressure and bite wise as a stock item.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.