140TDi, quicker after service?

EssVier

There ain't no party like an S-Club Party.
Reaction score
Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
Just had my first service, and omfg!
Really does put you in your seat, and after a spirited drive using the paddles, still returns 40+mpg! Before it was sluggish, and the mpg struggled to make 47 driving like a grandad (No offence meant to the grandads out here) Maybe Audi have uploaded a better map?
The car may be doing it, as it is on borrowed time. Got my name down for a new S4 Avant as a demo, as I fancy a change, but, if this keeps up, will be keeping it a while longer! !

Cheers for reading, anyone else had similiar?

Could just be something as simple as a nice new air filter.

Grandads!!!!! I'm a grandad, my last but 2 two cars were an EVO VIII 300/300, and an EVO V 300/300. My 2nd car is a lotus elan with 190bhp and every one of them horses getts used!! 140tdi eh?? and how old are you?
regards
dave:lmfao::lmfao:

I gonna give mine a proper going over on this basis.

The dealer I bought it from said they had serviced it, but I dont really believe them as the oil is as balck a soot...

Oil in diesel cars gets black very quickly. Best way is to dip it and wipe it on your fingers, you should be able to see through it then.
dave.

I gonna give mine a proper going over on this basis.

The dealer I bought it from said they had serviced it, but I dont really believe them as the oil is as balck a soot...

I work in a main dealer and I can assure you as soon as the engine turns over the oil will be black again. Its just a trait of diesels. Petrol on the other hand is totally different, that stays golden for a few days.

It's also a known carcinogen. Avoid skin contact and if you do get it on your hands don't clean it off with petrol. That passes thru the skin and causes liver damage.

I had mine fully serviced, Cleaned the egr, IMF and manifold, all new filters and fluids, put some redex through her and mpg went up by around 4-5 IIRC and it was quicker, smoother and felt better overall!

Sounded a bit quieter too but engine still sounds like a transit in the mornings lol