Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Smoking is good for you

Status
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.

140TDi, quicker after service?

Just had my first service, and omfg!
    Really does put you in your seat, and after a spirited drive using the paddles, still returns 40+mpg! Before it was sluggish, and the mpg struggled to make 47 driving like a grandad (No offence meant to the grandads out here) Maybe Audi have uploaded a better map?
    The car may be doing it, as it is on borrowed time. Got my name down for a new S4 Avant as a demo, as I fancy a change, but, if this keeps up, will be keeping it a while longer! !

Cheers for reading, anyone else had similiar?
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Could just be something as simple as a nice new air filter.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

1st Gear

Status
    Grandads!!!!! I'm a grandad, my last but 2 two cars were an EVO VIII 300/300, and an EVO V 300/300. My 2nd car is a lotus elan with 190bhp and every one of them horses getts used!! 140tdi eh?? and how old are you?
    regards
    dave
    A3 2.0Tfsi D.S.G Sportback. Leather, light and rain pack, Interior light pack, bose, bluetooth, 6cd, multifunction wheel, cruise, Heated front/rear seats, Folding mirrors, rear parking sensors , ipod connection in glove box, open sky roof, dual climate, sun blinds, electric drivers seat,

Boycie

Status
    As said, something simple like a new air filter, desiel filter and oil change - it will obviously make a difference!

1st Gear

Status
    I gonna give mine a proper going over on this basis.

The dealer I bought it from said they had serviced it, but I dont really believe them as the oil is as balck a soot...
    2004 140 TDi sport 3dr (new turbo)

1st Gear

Status
    Oil in diesel cars gets black very quickly. Best way is to dip it and wipe it on your fingers, you should be able to see through it then.
    retards
    dave.
    A3 2.0Tfsi D.S.G Sportback. Leather, light and rain pack, Interior light pack, bose, bluetooth, 6cd, multifunction wheel, cruise, Heated front/rear seats, Folding mirrors, rear parking sensors , ipod connection in glove box, open sky roof, dual climate, sun blinds, electric drivers seat,

Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by APL TDi View Post
    I gonna give mine a proper going over on this basis.

The dealer I bought it from said they had serviced it, but I dont really believe them as the oil is as balck a soot...
    I work in a main dealer and I can assure you as soon as the engine turns over the oil will be black again. Its just a trait of diesels. Petrol on the other hand is totally different, that stays golden for a few days.
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

6th Gear

Status
    used diesel oil is disgusting, stains the skin like a madman LOL
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    It's also a known carcinogen. Avoid skin contact and if you do get it on your hands don't clean it off with petrol. That passes thru the skin and causes liver damage.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

6th Gear

Status
    I had mine fully serviced, Cleaned the egr, IMF and manifold, all new filters and fluids, put some redex through her and mpg went up by around 4-5 IIRC and it was quicker, smoother and felt better overall!

Sounded a bit quieter too but engine still sounds like a transit in the mornings lol
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too