Bi-xenon question

fizz

Reaction score
Hi guys, i've managed to get hold of some bi-xenon headlamps for my a3. They have not got the ballasts & bulbs, however im keeping an eye on uk/euro ebay for them. What I wanted to know is how the projector actually attaches to the motor as one of the lights seems to keep getting loose from the motor. It slips into the motor ok but releases itself quite easily where as the other stays put. Is there another point that it attches to something that makes it more secure? With the help of mattandrew & frenchy i've figured they are not adaptive as they only have 1 motor in each unit. Pics attached:

TBH, you will be lucky to find the parts on ebay as they usually only sell the complete unit but best of luck. On the old A3 lights the motor had a ball at the end that went into a socket on the light, perhaps one of the lugs on the socket is broken or worn?

Thnx for the reply khufu, the bracket (2nd pic) goes into the white clip on the motor just like on the other light, but where as the other one stays put this one comes out easily. Cant see anything on the other side that may be broken.

As for the parts, will just keep looking.

Fella you're more than welcome to send them to me for inspection, I did say they wernt adaptive mate several days ago, I did see the front of one headlight from your photos looked like the crystal ball lense had dropped a tad tbh, it could be a plastic moulding issue if it pops into a plastic arm, I can inspect & see if can be repaired & if the fixing tab at top is broken then as I said also there is a repair kit from audi for this if need be mate.

The ballasts & bulbs should be found on ebay.de fairly easily tbh seen many bulbs & ballasts on there, but 1st thing is to make sure we can repair them 1st then see if ballasts etc can be bought cheaply which I'm sure can.

MSN & we can discuss it more.