how to fit optics...?

S3 SAF

Reaction score
hi guys,
was planning to fit the optics today but was wondering is its a bumper off job or can it be done with the bumper on? any help would be great.

If your careful it can be done without removing the bumper but its only a 20 min job to remove the bumper anyway. Forcing the grille tabs open is tedious and you feel like your snapping them! I'd take the bumper off as it means the risk of damaging your paint is cut too.

thanks guys but guide is for a a3 and after taking off all the screws bumper dont seem to want to move...! so no luck:(

I don't actually have anything useful to say...apart from optics will look awesome on that car! i just had mine done (but by a garage hence no tips!) and on the orange with those wheels...

Get pics up as soon as you've done it!

Good luck with it.

thanks guys but guide is for a a3 and after taking off all the screws bumper dont seem to want to move...! so no luck:(

You removed the 2 (1 each side) behind the headlight? They are just under the indicator bulb

I had the same problem, they are quite hard to see!

You removed the 2 (1 each side) behind the headlight? They are just under the indicator bulb

I had the same problem, they are quite hard to see!

i didnt see them! im goin out and give it another try and report back with the results.... cheers :icon_thumright: