AH FabricationsChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

how to fit optics...?

hi guys,
    was planning to fit the optics today but was wondering is its a bumper off job or can it be done with the bumper on? any help would be great.

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    If your careful it can be done without removing the bumper but its only a 20 min job to remove the bumper anyway. Forcing the grille tabs open is tedious and you feel like your snapping them! I'd take the bumper off as it means the risk of damaging your paint is cut too.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

6th Gear

Status
    Hi

Here a guide from another audi site. Hope it helps

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3756530

Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

2nd Gear

Status
    thanks guys but guide is for a a3 and after taking off all the screws bumper dont seem to want to move...! so no luck

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

R8GGA

Status
    I don't actually have anything useful to say...apart from optics will look awesome on that car! i just had mine done (but by a garage hence no tips!) and on the orange with those wheels...

Get pics up as soon as you've done it!

Good luck with it.
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 SAF View Post
    thanks guys but guide is for a a3 and after taking off all the screws bumper dont seem to want to move...! so no luck
    You removed the 2 (1 each side) behind the headlight? They are just under the indicator bulb

I had the same problem, they are quite hard to see!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    You removed the 2 (1 each side) behind the headlight? They are just under the indicator bulb

I had the same problem, they are quite hard to see!

i didnt see them! im goin out and give it another try and report back with the results.... cheers