AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status

19 inch alloys coils help please

hi everyone i got an 06 s line a3 but think s line suspension is really harsh i want to lower the car also but didn't realise coils were so expensive i was going to get ap coils but after speaking to Sarah at awesome gti found out you cant adjust the dampening on them the set up i want is 19inch alloys pretty low with comfy ride no rubbing issues better than s line anyhow can anyone recommend whats the best way or best coils under 800 with adjustable dampening if you can get em that is for that price or springs anyone got a set up better than s line and prices please pics also so i can get an idea of how low etc any help would be great thanks guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    I've got V-Maxx coilovers going on my A3 on Monday. The damping is set up for fast road driving so is a lot less harsh than most other coilovers which seem to be designed more for track use.

The car has currently got Eibach springs on, but these lower the S-Line maybe just 5-10mm.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    wont you get rubbing issues

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    wont you get rubbing issues
    It rubs slightly at the moment - only with people in the back of the car, and driving quite hard, but this is more due to the offset and width of the wheels.

To set the suspension up so hard to reduce rubbing would make the ride awful.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    im thinking spax anyone any info on these are they any good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spax-RSX-Coilo...1%7C240%3A1318
    Last edited by 10blazin; 28th February 2009 at 13:57.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    im thinking spax anyone any info on these are they any good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spax-RSX-Coilo...1%7C240%3A1318
    Not a fan of Spax personally, but it's a good price.

1st Gear

Status
    If you run 225/35 ZR19 tyres and wheel has a decent offset (ET45ish) then you shouldn't need to worry about rubbing.

I'm running this set-up and have the coilovers wound right down at the back and never had rubbing issue's yet.

I opted for cheap TA Tecknik coilovers from the bay for 200.
    After 2 months they're performing fine for my needs.

With your budget I'd look at the weitec's - These receive excellent reviews and can be had for around 500.

6th Gear

Status
    You might to pull that bumper screw off too and remove a bit of the arch liner on rear arches - take a look when you get mo! you can see the bits that stick out....
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

1st Gear

Status
    i was running 19" RS6 wheels on a drop of 70mm all round and removed rear arch linings and had no rubbing issues at all.. bit mroe road noise but not a great deal...

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    any pics and did you have springs or coils ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_M5KPL View Post
    i was running 19" RS6 wheels on a drop of 70mm all round and removed rear arch linings and had no rubbing issues at all.. bit mroe road noise but not a great deal...