19 inch alloys coils help please

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
hi everyone i got an 06 s line a3 but think s line suspension is really harsh i want to lower the car also but didn't realise coils were so expensive i was going to get ap coils but after speaking to Sarah at awesome gti found out you cant adjust the dampening on them the set up i want is 19inch alloys pretty low with comfy ride no rubbing issues better than s line anyhow can anyone recommend whats the best way or best coils under 800 with adjustable dampening if you can get em that is for that price or springs anyone got a set up better than s line and prices please pics also so i can get an idea of how low etc any help would be great thanks guys

I've got V-Maxx coilovers going on my A3 on Monday. The damping is set up for fast road driving so is a lot less harsh than most other coilovers which seem to be designed more for track use.

The car has currently got Eibach springs on, but these lower the S-Line maybe just 5-10mm.

wont you get rubbing issues

It rubs slightly at the moment - only with people in the back of the car, and driving quite hard, but this is more due to the offset and width of the wheels.

To set the suspension up so hard to reduce rubbing would make the ride awful.

If you run 225/35 ZR19 tyres and wheel has a decent offset (ET45ish) then you shouldn't need to worry about rubbing.

I'm running this set-up and have the coilovers wound right down at the back and never had rubbing issue's yet.

I opted for cheap TA Tecknik coilovers from the bay for £200.
After 2 months they're performing fine for my needs.

With your budget I'd look at the weitec's - These receive excellent reviews and can be had for around £500.

You might to pull that bumper screw off too and remove a bit of the arch liner on rear arches - take a look when you get mo! you can see the bits that stick out....

i was running 19" RS6 wheels on a drop of 70mm all round and removed rear arch linings and had no rubbing issues at all.. bit mroe road noise but not a great deal...

any pics and did you have springs or coils ???

i was running 19" RS6 wheels on a drop of 70mm all round and removed rear arch linings and had no rubbing issues at all.. bit mroe road noise but not a great deal...