JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status

Hazzydays - booked for RNS-E, Bluetooth and FBMFSW

I've booked Hazzydays (http://www.vwcruise.com/) to come out next Thursday to fit some toys to my A3.

I've sourced a FBMFSW and RNS-E myself, and they are going to fit these along with Audi Bluetooth, which they're supplying.

Their total bill is quite upsetting at 1010 inc VAT, but for this they are supplying a pile of parts - the Bluetooth, the ECU and slipring for the steering wheel, and all parts to convert the dash from single din to double din (and trim down my climate unit), and fitting it all.

It's a lot of cash, but a lot of work, so looking forward to having it all done.

I've got to say they have been really helpful so far, with explaining the various upgrades, giving me the different options, and helping me decide what is required. If their fitting service is as good as their pre-sales service, then I really won't hesitate in recommending their services to anybody!
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Gareth fitted cruise control for my A3, he was really helpful, cheap, efficient and did a great job quickly.. I cant recommend him enough!!

2nd Gear

Status
    I 2nd that comment.
    I have used Gareth for most of my Upgrades and I found him very helpful...

6th Gear

Status
    Seems a bit pricey without the RNS-E or the FBMFSW

5th Gear

Status
    A bit? Bloody hell!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

A3TDI

Status
    you will have to let me know how you get on..i would like a similar sort of thing done in the near future..

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    A bit? Bloody hell!
    I'll break it down - have I paid over the odds for any parts?

185 for slip ring and ECU
    120 for trim and cage etc. to convert to double din
    430 for Bluetooth (fitted)

That only leaves 275 for labour (inc VAT) - breaking it down I thought that was reasonable.

The whole job would have been under 600 if I haven't bothered with the Bluetooth.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Grl
    Neutral

Status
    Bluetooth sounds very expensive. Did you ask for a discount due to having all the work done at the same time?

Surely thats around 2k including the part you've bought already?

Brum brum

Status
    Gareth did my cruise control last Saturday - top job and definitely recommend him.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grl View Post
    Bluetooth sounds very expensive. Did you ask for a discount due to having all the work done at the same time?

Surely thats around 2k including the part you've bought already?
    Bluetooth is expensive, but looked around at prices, and not seen it much cheaper elsewhere. That was a package price and cheaper than having it done stage by stage - hence taking the plunge and doing it all together.

I got a good deal on the wheel and RNS-E, but yeah all in all it's getting on for 2K.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    I'll break it down - have I paid over the odds for any parts?

185 for slip ring and ECU
    120 for trim and cage etc. to convert to double din
    430 for Bluetooth (fitted)

That only leaves 275 for labour (inc VAT) - breaking it down I thought that was reasonable.

The whole job would have been under 600 if I haven't bothered with the Bluetooth.
    Well if your happy then I guess that is the main thing. BT kit can be had for under 250 (not fitted but fitting only takes 20 minutes and doesnt require much skill) The rest is stuff that can be sourced for a lot less IMO.

With a bit of effort and getting out some simple tools you could cut the price in half IMO. But if you have money to burn then I guess that's over to you!!!!!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

Smoking is good for you

Status
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
    Good hit I say! Some choice mod's, just hope you plan to keep the car a while.
    I wouldnt be without bluetooth on mine!
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!

Neutral

Status
    Yeah i and VRStu fitted a FBMFSW RNS-E and Bluetooth to my A3 and it did take best part of a day as the wiring looms had to be hacked and rebuilt, dont forget to get them to do the SDS hack whilst all the wiring is out not too big a job to wire a Mic in, they dont cost that much so i would like for thay price you are paying for them to at least throw that in as well, gets the most of of your FBMFSW and BT kit!!

But all in its a great conversion!! you will love it!!!
    2005 Audi A3 SE 2.0 TDI DSG (8P) - Gleeming Red, Rain Sensing Wipers, RNS-E, SDS Hack, Bose Sound System, Flat Bottom Multi Function Steering Wheel colour coded red stitching From TT, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Non Smokers Pack. ST-3 FAST ROAD MAP 'I LOVE IT'

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    With a bit of effort and getting out some simple tools you could cut the price in half IMO. But if you have money to burn then I guess that's over to you!!!!!
    Simple tools including vag com which is several hundred pounds to purchase and I don't have.

I don't want to risk damaging anything on a car I've just purchased, so would rather leave the upgrades up to a professional who has done them many times before.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I was gonna say is he charging you a million pounds, not far off lol

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Simple tools including vag com which is several hundred pounds to purchase and I don't have.
    Loads of guys on here have it and are willing to code people's cars for them, (for free I hasten to add!) I have done about a dozen for people.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

Status
    They came out today and fitted everything. The service was spot on, and everything works just as it should.

The lad (Andrew) fitting clearly knew what he was doing and still took 5 hours from start to finish.

I reckon the labour element of the total charge was in the regio of 400, which seems very fair for that time, and a 2 hour drive each way.

If anybody is confident enough to do the job themselves, then that's great, but I wasn't, and I'm really happy with the transformation of the car.

These guys are definitely highly recommended.

5th Gear

Status
    good to here, i may use these guys for OEM bluetooth
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster View Post
    good to here, i may use these guys for OEM bluetooth
    Money really well spent that. I use my phone a fair bit in the car, and have previously used aftermarket bluetooth kits.

The OEM kit is a whole different level though, and well worth the fairly painful price IMHO. The sound quality is crystal clear, microphone is hidden, and the integration with the RNS-E makes it a pleasure to talk and drive!

And unbelievably the several times I tested the voice dialling, i.e. reading the number digit by digit, it got it spot on every time. Rarely does something like that work as well as it is meant to!

5th Gear

Status
    The BT install is around 400 isn't it?
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

Status
    Prices here: http://www.vwcruise.com/8.html

440 for genuine Audi, or 350 for Fisconn (very similar system but no voice shizzle).

A3 3.2Q Sport

Status
    how good are you finding the audi bt? i've got a parrot system in and while its great for the iPhone music the call quality is rubbish (gone back to using my wired handsfree now )

nin
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry to hijack.
    Hey guys, quick question.

When i bought my car it had the phone prep, that monstrosity on the dash, which i do not use, i use bluetooth which works a charm. I am looking to retrofit a RNSe also, im assuming i dont need any extra bluetooth kit, is this correct?
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 DSG Sportback, Phantom black

6th Gear

Status
    CraigyB (S8craig) will fit it for 399. Top bloke too!
    http://www.tclsatnav.com/index_018.htm

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nin View Post
    When i bought my car it had the phone prep, that monstrosity on the dash, which i do not use, i use bluetooth which works a charm. I am looking to retrofit a RNSe also, im assuming i dont need any extra bluetooth kit, is this correct?
    This is correct!

EDIT: If you have a MFSW it's even better!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itssam View Post
    how good are you finding the audi bt? i've got a parrot system in and while its great for the iPhone music the call quality is rubbish (gone back to using my wired handsfree now )
    Works really well, far better than any aftermarket hands free I've ever had before. Really good call quality at both ends.

Neutral

Status
    @V6Pete,

And unbelievably the several times I tested the voice dialling, i.e. reading the number digit by digit, it got it spot on every time.
    You don't have to do it digit-by-digit. It's posible to say "01234" - let it read back, then - "567" - let it read back, then - "789" - let read back, then "dial number".

It is a very good system for off the cuff numbers. I prefer to use "Dial name" for my stored names.

Hazzy are doing some work for me in a few weeks - I've not read a bad thing about them and like you I don't have the time or (if I'm honest) the ability to do the jobs myself. I don't wan't to damage/screw up my new car!!

Paul