Hazzydays - booked for RNS-E, Bluetooth and FBMFSW

V6Pete

Now running on Bentley's y'all
Reaction score
I've booked Hazzydays (http://www.vwcruise.com/) to come out next Thursday to fit some toys to my A3.

I've sourced a FBMFSW and RNS-E myself, and they are going to fit these along with Audi Bluetooth, which they're supplying.

Their total bill is quite upsetting at £1010 inc VAT, but for this they are supplying a pile of parts - the Bluetooth, the ECU and slipring for the steering wheel, and all parts to convert the dash from single din to double din (and trim down my climate unit), and fitting it all.

It's a lot of cash, but a lot of work, so looking forward to having it all done.

I've got to say they have been really helpful so far, with explaining the various upgrades, giving me the different options, and helping me decide what is required. If their fitting service is as good as their pre-sales service, then I really won't hesitate in recommending their services to anybody!

I 2nd that comment.
I have used Gareth for most of my Upgrades :) and I found him very helpful...

you will have to let me know how you get on..i would like a similar sort of thing done in the near future..

A bit? ****** hell!

I'll break it down - have I paid over the odds for any parts?

£185 for slip ring and ECU
£120 for trim and cage etc. to convert to double din
£430 for Bluetooth (fitted)

That only leaves £275 for labour (inc VAT) - breaking it down I thought that was reasonable.

The whole job would have been under £600 if I haven't bothered with the Bluetooth.

Bluetooth sounds very expensive. Did you ask for a discount due to having all the work done at the same time?

Surely thats around £2k including the part you've bought already?

Bluetooth sounds very expensive. Did you ask for a discount due to having all the work done at the same time?

Surely thats around £2k including the part you've bought already?

Bluetooth is expensive, but looked around at prices, and not seen it much cheaper elsewhere. That was a package price and cheaper than having it done stage by stage - hence taking the plunge and doing it all together.

I got a good deal on the wheel and RNS-E, but yeah all in all it's getting on for £2K.

I'll break it down - have I paid over the odds for any parts?

£185 for slip ring and ECU
£120 for trim and cage etc. to convert to double din
£430 for Bluetooth (fitted)

That only leaves £275 for labour (inc VAT) - breaking it down I thought that was reasonable.

The whole job would have been under £600 if I haven't bothered with the Bluetooth.

Well if your happy then I guess that is the main thing. BT kit can be had for under £250 (not fitted but fitting only takes 20 minutes and doesnt require much skill) The rest is stuff that can be sourced for a lot less IMO.

With a bit of effort and getting out some simple tools you could cut the price in half IMO. But if you have money to burn then I guess that's over to you!!!!!

:rockwoot:Yeah i and VRStu fitted a FBMFSW RNS-E and Bluetooth to my A3 and it did take best part of a day as the wiring looms had to be hacked and rebuilt, dont forget to get them to do the SDS hack whilst all the wiring is out not too big a job to wire a Mic in, they dont cost that much so i would like for thay price you are paying for them to at least throw that in as well, gets the most of of your FBMFSW and BT kit!!

But all in its a great conversion!! you will love it!!!

With a bit of effort and getting out some simple tools you could cut the price in half IMO. But if you have money to burn then I guess that's over to you!!!!!

Simple tools including vag com which is several hundred pounds to purchase and I don't have.

I don't want to risk damaging anything on a car I've just purchased, so would rather leave the upgrades up to a professional who has done them many times before.

Simple tools including vag com which is several hundred pounds to purchase and I don't have.

Loads of guys on here have it and are willing to code people's cars for them, (for free I hasten to add!) I have done about a dozen for people.

They came out today and fitted everything. The service was spot on, and everything works just as it should.

The lad (Andrew) fitting clearly knew what he was doing and still took 5 hours from start to finish.

I reckon the labour element of the total charge was in the regio of £400, which seems very fair for that time, and a 2 hour drive each way.

If anybody is confident enough to do the job themselves, then that's great, but I wasn't, and I'm really happy with the transformation of the car.

These guys are definitely highly recommended.

good to here, i may use these guys for OEM bluetooth

good to here, i may use these guys for OEM bluetooth

Money really well spent that. I use my phone a fair bit in the car, and have previously used aftermarket bluetooth kits.

The OEM kit is a whole different level though, and well worth the fairly painful price IMHO. The sound quality is crystal clear, microphone is hidden, and the integration with the RNS-E makes it a pleasure to talk and drive!

And unbelievably the several times I tested the voice dialling, i.e. reading the number digit by digit, it got it spot on every time. Rarely does something like that work as well as it is meant to!

how good are you finding the audi bt? i've got a parrot system in and while its great for the iPhone music the call quality is rubbish (gone back to using my wired handsfree now :()

Sorry to hijack.
Hey guys, quick question.

When i bought my car it had the phone prep, that monstrosity on the dash, which i do not use, i use bluetooth which works a charm. I am looking to retrofit a RNSe also, im assuming i dont need any extra bluetooth kit, is this correct?

When i bought my car it had the phone prep, that monstrosity on the dash, which i do not use, i use bluetooth which works a charm. I am looking to retrofit a RNSe also, im assuming i dont need any extra bluetooth kit, is this correct?

This is correct!

EDIT: If you have a MFSW it's even better!

how good are you finding the audi bt? i've got a parrot system in and while its great for the iPhone music the call quality is rubbish (gone back to using my wired handsfree now :()

Works really well, far better than any aftermarket hands free I've ever had before. Really good call quality at both ends.

@V6Pete,

And unbelievably the several times I tested the voice dialling, i.e. reading the number digit by digit, it got it spot on every time.

You don't have to do it digit-by-digit. It's posible to say "01234" - let it read back, then - "567" - let it read back, then - "789" - let read back, then "dial number".

It is a very good system for off the cuff numbers. I prefer to use "Dial name" for my stored names.

Hazzy are doing some work for me in a few weeks - I've not read a bad thing about them and like you I don't have the time or (if I'm honest) the ability to do the jobs myself. I don't wan't to damage/screw up my new car!!

Paul