Service at Northampton Audi today

V6Pete

Now running on Bentley's y'all
Reaction score
My A3 went in to Northampton Audi today for service.

I was a bit concerned beforehand, as the lad on the phone who made the booking seemed clueless - sorry to name and shame you Noel! I explained it has been 2 years and approx 18K since the previous longlife service and it was ready for its third one. He then quoted me the £99 minor / £199 major prices from their website - irrelevant as it was the longlife service I required, and these prices were irrelevant for the 3.2 anyway. He didn't ask me what car it was before quoting me - seemed quite lazy. Anyway in the end I was quoted £225 for the service including pollen filter change due every 60K, so it was booked in.

Courtesy car was better than expected - A4 Avant S-Line 2.0 TDI 170 with lots of gubbins and pimp-daddy tints. It would've been nice if they had taken the McDonalds rubbish out of the car before handing over, but other than that, it was better than your average courtesy car.

I had a couple of phonecalls from them during the day - one advising it was going to be ready slightly later than originally advised, another asking if I required a brake fluid change. Nice of them to ask before just doing it - it's not required as I will have this done next month myself along with fitting a set of Goodridge lines.

The car was ready by 5pm, and been washed pretty well - inside and out, and better than my local Kosovans do for £10! They even cleaned my fiddly rims very well.

All in all I was pleased with their service - the price was reasonable, and they kept me fully informed. I've heard good and bad things about Northampton Audi, but I thought they were better than many main dealers I have used before.

Sorry if I've waffled on! I'm always quick to moan if I get crap service, so it's nice to be able to say positive things for once!

Nice to know you got good service. Northampton Audi are part of the same Vindis Group as Huntingdon Audi who are my local dealer. I have always had excellent service from them. Perhaps because the Group is still owned and run but the two sons of the original founder of the company has some effect.

My A3 had a Brake Fluid service yesterday. I took it in at about 10:00 and they phone me at 3:00 to say it was all done and ready for me to collect. No complaints about the way the car was washed. It looked very smart when I collected it. I asked for a loan car with S-tronic if possible and was given an A3 2.0TDI-170 with S-tronic.

My wife has a VW Polo which she bought from their VW garage in Bedford. She has always had good service from them as well.

It's good to know some dealers can offer a good level of service to their customers.

That'll be my local dealer as well. I didn't realise they were part of the same group as Huntingdon as I took my car to Huntingdon for it's first service as they were cheaper than Northampton (and I thought better on the phone explaining everthing that would be done). I would have thought being part of the same group, the prices would be the same :think:.

I might give Northampton another go when it's goes in for the 2nd service in about 10k miles time.

Hi,

On the very beggining I would like to apologize for my English. I hope everybody will understand my problem. I cant share the same opinion about audi service in Northampton, because I've booked service (healthcheck) 2 times, by the internet and 2 times they called few days later me and told, that service in that day is not possible... when I took off holiday from my work already just to livecheck my car by them. For what they need that online booking service then? Its only making fool of people... I'm very upset and disappointed about audi service in Northampton. Hope that everyone understand.