URGENT: 345MM BRAKE CALIPER HELP - front clip!

kaz219

Reaction score
hi guys

fitting my 345mm calipers after just have painted them...

but how do you get the clip on the front on without scratching them

its the silver clip with a square in the middle but on the S3 model, it says S3 on it.

I dont want to scratch them so will really appreciate the help.

Cheers

How do they do it on S3's?

I'm guessing that your paint is softer than the S3 calipers and thus why your worried....

Gawdd - that was a nerve wrecking moment!

I put some masking tape over the carrier (as a precaution as Robin said) and then inserted the top side and put the middle so that its on the brake pad metal bracket but not in the hole.

I then got a pliers and pulled the side back that wasnt in, slide a screwdriver under the carrier and it slid into place....I then pushed the middle bit in and viola :D

Looks good. Had them r32 blue, s3 black and red and decided to do them red as i thought they looked the best :D

Got to do the other side tommorrow now and put some super blue brake fluid in (or i think thats what its called lol) :S

At Edition - Yes, the paint it soft as i just sprayed it. Will probs get them powdercoated in Black with the S3 badge (£21 each - what a rip) when i get bored - £100 from a guy in the NW :D

But these look jsut as good for now :p I would post pics but ashamed of how dirty my car is lol