What steering wheel do i have??

steve184

Reaction score
After some recent poor care taken by my local audi dealer with some warranty work - i have just today had my steering wheel replaced.

Thing is, strangely it looks a little different to the old one - and would like to check it is right for the car whihc is an 07 TDI sport, s-tronic

My old one was a standard sport steering wheel with the perforated sections of leather at the 9 and 3 o clock positions, with gear change paddles, non-multifunction.

They have reused the centre part (the airbag module/horn) but the rest of wheel is slightly different - it has perforated leather at the 3 and 9 positions again but now the perforation extends into the two middle spokes, and there are two metal edged panels on the spokes (like multifunction but without the buttons)

So what is this wheel? Is it a newer sport wheel? Perhaps facelift? Is it correct to still have the original airbag module (ie it shouldn't be a round one or anything??)

Thanks

also - 7,800 miles - and i need two new front tyres - yikes! - continental SC 2's - anyone know best places to get these from (best prices?)

Steering wheels do seem a bit of a nightmare, even on ETKA. When I looked at the possibility of changing the steering wheel on the new Sportback I have on order from 4-spoke to 3-spoke I came up with 13 different part numbers for a 2009 model alone.

If your not sure the one you have is the correct one, get the dealer to show you the part number on their ETKA system and check that it matches. All Audi parts have the part number on them and a dealer will be able to enter the VIN number of your car and his link to the main Audi site should be able to tell him exactly which part was originally fitted to your particular car.

Unfortunately this is a feature of ETKA only available to dealers.

well as i say its certainly different to the old one, but this may be because they don't make the old one anymore - sometimes they do stop making parts and replace with newer compatible parts - ie you can't get the old two tone silver/black engine cover anymore as fitted to 04 140 TDIs - they are all black now, similar to the 170 ones.