Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Facelift Limited Rev Range When Not In Gear Is This Correct??

Hi All,

I have just purchased a brand new Phantom Black S3 Facelift Edition On An 08 plate but first registery was February 2009. Previously I had a 2007 edition in Silver with Black Optimax grill AND one thing which has sort of struck me as strange is with the new Facelift when the car isn't in gear and I press the accelerator pedal It is not letting me Rev over 4000 Rpm as if there is some sort of limiter set??

IS THIS CORRECT and if so can anyone explain why they have implemented this feature OR is my car not running right???

My first S3 was re mapped and pumping out a nice 340bhp:-) But the new facelift does feal heavier for some reason at 265bhp/the 2007 edition @265bhp felt more reactive???

Please can I request if anyone has any info to please advise me on the above.???

Kind Regards

BP "New To The Forum"
    Last edited by B Panesar; 25th February 2009 at 22:33.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3-less untill December

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B Panesar View Post
    Hi All,

I have just purchased a brand new Phantom Black S3 Facelift Edition On An 08 plate but first registery was February 2009. Previously I had a 2007 edition in Silver with Black Optimax grill AND one thing which has sort of struck me as strange is with the new Facelift when the car isn't in gear and I press the accelerator pedal It is not letting me Rev over 4000 Rpm as if there is some sort of limiter set??

IS THIS CORRECT and if so can anyone explain why they have implemented this feature OR is my car not running right???

My first S3 was re mapped and pumping out a nice 340bhp:-) But the new facelift does feal heavier for some reason at 265bhp/the 2007 edition @265bhp felt more reactive???

Please can I request if anyone has any info to please advise me on the above.???

Kind Regards

BP "New To The Forum"
    Yeah this is normal ... Confused me at first aswell
    Suzuka grey S3 facelift ...... Every option
    Let the TUNING begin

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    Yes that is correct as my friend has one. I think its to stop people holding the clutch at max rpm then dumping the clutch. It isn't launch control because it is a manual

Well my mates is very fast as standard, maybe you need to loosen up abit.

David
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks People, I think the engine definately needs opening up!!!

Lastly Dave what are differences with the 09 plate Facelift and the 08 plate Facelift has anything improved or is it just case of more options as standard??

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B Panesar View Post
    An 08 plate but first registery was February 2009.
    Umm, 08 plate was from March 2008 until August 2008. 58 plate runs from September 2008 until Saturday...
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    My 3.2 does this as well
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

5th Gear

Status
    My 3.2 doesn't