Bodykit

Clueless 3.2

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a complete newbie and wanted some advice. I have recently purchased a 2004 A3 3.2Q and am loving every minute driving it which is standard other than the Bose upgrade and what I want to do is add a very discrete body kit to beef it up a little. Does anyone have any tips of what I should get and as I live in South West London anywhere reliable to fit it.

Your tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

How about just making it look like an s-line?

There is also the vortex kit for them fair few threads and pics on here.

Any plans for the the engine??

Where can I get the parts to make it like an s-line?

I am thinking about other mods, but have no idea where to start. I am a complete novice as I am sure you have gathered.

What sort of money am I looking at with Audi?

I am going to change the steering wheel to MFSW and will get the RNS-E to sort out interior.

I was thinking about a Miltek exhaust, as I saw an A3 the other day with it and it makes a sweet sound. Other than that I haven't given it much thought.

Have you got any tips?

Probably quite a bit, be best to try get used parts try ebay?
MFSW sure a member on here can probably try sort one out for you if not ebay also get the rns-e off ebay, facelift rear lights for you car. And agree on the miltek exhaust will sound good. What about upgrading the alloys? Or do you like the alloys you have now?

EDIT: What would you be changing? Just side skirts? Spoiler? Or back and front bumper?

I am going to change the steering wheel to MFSW and will get the RNS-E to sort out interior.

I was thinking about a Miltek exhaust, as I saw an A3 the other day with it and it makes a sweet sound. Other than that I haven't given it much thought.

Have you got any tips?

Yes I will check ebay. I like the alloys I have now, but they may change once fit the bodykit. All I want to fit to the car is the front and rear spoilers and side skirts. I like the fact that the car is discrete and want to keep it that way just with some minor tweaks. I know the exhaust will make the car not so discrete but it makes the car sound too sweet.

I contacted Hazzy Dayz about the MFSW and RNS-E, I am guessing I could get it done cheaper. But from what I have been told is that the guy is very reliable.

Yes Hazzy Dayz are good fitted ipod connecter in my car. And heard quite a good stuff about the guy on here. So probably get a good deal as you will be going for both.

Here a link to ABT FRONT VALANCE SPOILER
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-S3-8P...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Spoiler 8P S-Line Spoiler

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-8P-S-...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

UK AUDI A3 8P rear spoiler
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-AUDI-A3-8P...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-8P-8P...14&_trkparms=72:1689|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Hope this helps and give you some kind of idea

Ashley

EDIT: EXHAUST http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-3-2-V...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Yes I will check ebay. I like the alloys I have now, but they may change once fit the bodykit. All I want to fit to the car is the front and rear spoilers and side skirts. I like the fact that the car is discrete and want to keep it that way just with some minor tweaks. I know the exhaust will make the car not so discrete but it makes the car sound too sweet.

I contacted Hazzy Dayz about the MFSW and RNS-E, I am guessing I could get it done cheaper. But from what I have been told is that the guy is very reliable.

Thanks a lot Ashley, thats pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Yes you are right probably will get a discount for both. Can only try I guess.

I am guessing thats your car in the signature..thats pretty much where I want to get mine looking like. But mine is pre-facelift so have the dual grill. Might have to look into getting that sorted at some point too.

Thanks again

Tariq

What did they quote you mate & did you get the rns yet as I have one & can do the fitting for all of it aswell.

Have you got any tips?

If you're thinking of a Milltek, then look here
http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67038&highlight=milltek+3.2
Could be a good deal for you!

Hazzy Days are good value to fit the RNS-E, but don't get them to source it. You can pick one up comfortably on eBay for £500, or there's one on the classifieds on here for even less.

What did they quote you mate & did you get the rns yet as I have one & can do the fitting for all of it aswell.

So you can supply and fit RNSE?

Which part of the Uk are you based?

Cheers
Paul

Have 1 unit, way down south but got a good friend whose in derbyshire who can do it start to finish no problem, but got few people asked before who I have to give 1st refusal to, but if you get the unit I'm 100% sure the guy would fit for you no problem at all, I'll update when I know if wanted or not.

Have 1 unit, way down south but got a good friend whose in derbyshire who can do it start to finish no problem, but got few people asked before who I have to give 1st refusal to, but if you get the unit I'm 100% sure the guy would fit for you no problem at all, I'll update when I know if wanted or not.

cheers matey.
Whats a fair price for fitting and coding etc?
The car is a 57 Plate S3, currently has the single CD head unit.
Paul

Thats fine Tariq glad i was able to help. Yeah my car in the signature.
Keep us updated on the car:thumbsup: My first a3 was dual grill aswell.
Enjoy the car

Ashley

Thanks a lot Ashley, thats pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Yes you are right probably will get a discount for both. Can only try I guess.

I am guessing thats your car in the signature..thats pretty much where I want to get mine looking like. But mine is pre-facelift so have the dual grill. Might have to look into getting that sorted at some point too.

Thanks again

Tariq

Hi mate

Im not one for look-a-liking and stuff so how about the votex stuff?

I have a set waiting to be fitted on mine and it will look like this?

616660-3.jpg

616660-1.jpg

i think it looks awesome but they're very hard to source.... took me 6 months to find mine...

Quite a lot of the 3.2Q models come with this kit as a factory kit.

You can get the S-Line bumper which you have to cut the front beam a bit, new bumper, grill, fogs, fog grill and a bonnet and rear bumper and rear s-line skirt.

It is the same with the S3 stuff but you need a S3 front bumper and S3 rear valnce as opposed to the s line stuff but you will also need the sideskirts and sills...

Not keen on votex front lip at all, sides are ok but not as refined lines as the s3 skirts, but if it floats your boat then why not.

& Paul I'll ask him cost to do that for you.

I've got the Votex kit on my 3.2. I'm not a huge fan of the kit on some colours - I dismissed 2 silver cars because they had the kit, but I really like it on mine in black.

I'm not a huge fan of putting S3 kits on lesser models - I can understand changing mirrors, grill etc. to those of a different model, but fitting the whole kit almost looks a bit like you're trying to be something you're not. 316's with M3 kits are a good example of this!

I hear what you are saying Pete, but my car is looking a little too plain so want to beef it up a little, not too much though and not to the point I want it to look like something its not. I like the votex kit, but they are not the easiest of finds and aftermarket kits are not my thing either.

Yea I'm lookin at the kit for mine too but as you say, they are hard to get hold of and the aftemarket ones look to boy racer. Whereas the votex looks subtle and sit the a3

hi my a3 3.2 v6 has got the votex kit on pics are on the forum just put some 18s rs4s on wish i had gone for 19s and lowered it looked into a super charger but been told my dsg wont work got a few mods lined up will put pics on when done:thumbsup: