EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Lets make that kitten purr...

Status

Eibach's on please.

I'll be needing some Eibach's fitted soon. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable service in the South East?

I'm going to give AMD a call but wondered if their was anyone else around my neck of the woods.

Thanks
    Ron
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Well after all your suggestions I went with AMD!

Car's booked in for 7th March - Eibach Pro's incl laser alignment was 300 all in. Bargin!

I'll take some before and after shots and report any difference in ride shortly after.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

3rd Gear

Status
    what lowing kit did u get n how much lower is it?!

Status
    Eibach Pro's which are approx 30mm than standard.

I have an s-line so will only see a 10mm drop due to s-line springs already being 20mm lower than standard.

3rd Gear

Status
    i am wanting to get mine lowered too but i dont want it to be very low, i have the sport modals, how much lower is the s line

Status
    I'm not sure how much lower the s-line is compared to the sport.

Do a search on Lowering Springs. I'm sure I've seen a few threads which detail the different ride heights

6th Gear

Status
    I think is like this

SE - Standard
    Sport -10mm
    Sline -20mm (so 10mm less than sport)
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

A3 3.2Q Sport

Status
    can you give me an idea of how much it all comes to and if AMD end up being any good?

Cheers
    Sam

Status
    300 exactly (see my 2nd post).

Will report on service but from what I've already read on here they are very good.

3rd Gear

Status
    o right so if i throw a set of -30mm lowering springs on i would only be lowering it 20mm?

Status
    Yep.

You could go for Eibach Sportlines. They are lower by 40mm/50mm so you'll see 30mm/40mm.

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    I have Eibach springs on my 3.2 S-Line. It sits about 5mm lower than standard! It drives nice, but isn't the option to go for if you want it to look lowered.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Mikey paid 600 for Weitec coils & alignment from PSI (yes I know far from you etc). But my point is if you put the springs on and it doesn't go low enough (plus it won't ride as well as coilys) or you not happy then thats 300 down the drain isn't it Ron?

I hope you get on alright and your happy.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yea I waslooking at some springs and new shocks, can't afford coils. I don't want it to. Be very low just want the wheels to fit in the arches nicely.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I had sport springs & it certainly dropped a fair bit, but not to low either, far better height than the sports or slines, cant recommend the Eibach Pro 30mm's enough as improved the ride alot with the FSD's aswell & if you want them, then goto Damian@DPM, great service.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    But my point is if you put the springs on and it doesn't go low enough (plus it won't ride as well as coilys) or you not happy then thats 300 down the drain isn't it Ron?
    I'm doing this to improve the crappy standard springs. Any improvement in stance due to lowering is an added bonus really. If all I wanted to do was lower the car I would have gone for the Sportlines.

Quite a few on here have said the Eibachs improve the ride so I don't see it as much of a risk. I also took advice from Damian at DPM who said coilovers weren't the answer (for me anyhow).

Got to admire your persistence though Nath and you'd make an excellent salesman for coillies...

Customer "My car won't start"
    Nath "Have you tried coilovers sir?"

I thank you.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    where is psi and is that 600 fitted and how does his ride sit any rubbing issues does he have 18s or 19 inch wheels help us out nate

Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Mikey paid 600 for Weitec coils & alignment from PSI (yes I know far from you etc). But my point is if you put the springs on and it doesn't go low enough (plus it won't ride as well as coilys) or you not happy then thats 300 down the drain isn't it Ron?

I hope you get on alright and your happy.

Sem
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    Yep.

You could go for Eibach Sportlines. They are lower by 40mm/50mm so you'll see 30mm/40mm.
    Does that mean they lower the rear more than the front?
    2008 (58) Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black, Xenons, RNS-E etc...

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Depending on when he had the Weitec's fitted, that price may now be wrong. KW, Weitec and all the KW family products went up by something like 15 or 17% a couple of months back.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Does that mean they lower the rear more than the front?

Sem, they lower the front 50mm and rear 40mm (from standard A3 height).
    I'm hoping to get some more pics of my Sportlines online at some point today... this is the only one i have so far...

Sem
    1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Paul, they do look good. Is the arch to tyre gap even? how many fingers can you get in between the arch and tyre now?

Sorry for all the questions! Look forward to some more pics, a straight side on shot would be useful. I like the idea of Eibach as they are cheaper than the H&R's (and the quality is just as good).

I would expect them to lower the rear more than the front though as my S-line has more arch gap at the rear!

Also, while you are out getting a few pics, would you mind measuring how much front bumper to ground clearance you now have.

Cheers for the help.
    Last edited by Sem; 1st March 2009 at 13:20.
    2008 (58) Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black, Xenons, RNS-E etc...

1st Gear

Status
    Strange because the front of my car (1.9Tdi Sport) sat a good 10-12mm higher at the front!?

I've updated my original post with pictures and measurements

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread....178#post691178

Cheers,
    Paul

1st Gear

Status
    Strange because the front of my car (1.9Tdi Sport) sat a good 10-12mm higher at the front!?

I've updated my original post with pictures and measurements

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread....178#post691178

Cheers,
    Paul