Performance Chip

Garco

Reaction score
Just found this on ebay and they claim it will increase my 140 TDI to 170 bhp and for under £30!! :think:
I'm a little sceptical and was wondering if anyone had any experience of using these little black boxes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TDI-PD-Diesel-Tuning-Chip-Audi-A2-A3-A4-A6-Octavia-Seat_W0QQitemZ350168927016QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item350168927016&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1689|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

wouldn't even think about fitting one of these pikey things to my car thats for sure! get what you pay for!

things are always too good to be true when it comes to engine tuning!

save your pennies and get a remap from a good company like superchips, revo etc.

You've confirmed what I was thinking.... :thumbsup:
I can't see how they can provide such a performance boost for so little money when superchips are 10x that!!
Can't see it doing the ECU much good either.
Will leave well alone :no:

I too was sceptical about these also however when i got a golf as a company car i bought one to see what the results would be like without worrying if it would cause any damage as it was not my own car, i noticed a big difference in power and fuel economy, i was that impressed i bought one for my wifes diesel a3, the same with this definately a noticeable difference in power and the fuel economy has increased significantly!

I have had these on both cars for approx 6 months now and am really impressed, tbh i dont think a remap would give me any more power, have not had the car rolling roaded to see the difference but best £25 i ever spent on a mod.

Would love to hear if anyone else has the same/different experiences?

I too was sceptical about these also however when i got a golf as a company car i bought one to see what the results would be like without worrying if it would cause any damage as it was not my own car, i noticed a big difference in power and fuel economy, i was that impressed i bought one for my wifes diesel a3, the same with this definately a noticeable difference in power and the fuel economy has increased significantly!

I have had these on both cars for approx 6 months now and am really impressed, tbh i dont think a remap would give me any more power, have not had the car rolling roaded to see the difference but best £25 i ever spent on a mod.

Would love to hear if anyone else has the same/different experiences?

Now we know who actually sells them :no:

I,m afraid its not me who sells them, just writing my honest review about my experieces using this product!!!

I thought that was the purpose of replying to this thread??????????

:no:I think i am right here when i say they are just a resisitor to trick the control system into thinking that the engine is permanently cold!!! therefore more fuel delivered all the time my mate put one on his 150bhp golf gt tdi yeah it gave him more power but has sooted up his injectors, when he boots it a big plume of soot/black smoke emits from exhaust, now it idles like a tractor and yeah its quicker but cant be doing it much good!!!

I think i am right here when i say they are just a resisitor to trick the control system into thinking that the engine is permanently cold!!! therefore more fuel delivered all the time my mate put one on his 150bhp golf gt tdi yeah it gave him more power but has sooted up his injectors, when he boots it a big plume of soot/black smoke emits from exhaust, now it idles like a tractor and yeah its quicker but cant be doing it much good!!!

I think i am right here when i say they are just a resisitor to trick the control system into thinking that the engine is permanently cold!!! therefore more fuel delivered all the time my mate put one on his 150bhp golf gt tdi yeah it gave him more power but has sooted up his injectors, when he boots it a big plume of soot/black smoke emits from exhaust, now it idles like a tractor and yeah its quicker but cant be doing it much good!!!:no:

Mines idles fine and not noticed any black smoke in saying that i,m not usually sitting behind my own car! ha ha

Basically stay away from them. they are a cheap peice of tat that will ruin your injectors and cylinder linings. Anyone who thinks they work is either an idot or someone trying to sell them.

Just think about it, would there be a viable system for sale for £30 ON EBAY that actually works and does not cause any harm. If so why dont manufacturers fit them as standard? And why dont superchips, revo, amd offer a simlar system?
On every forum I have been on there has been this stupid debate, and there are plenty of gullable people out there who actually buy these. I think they should be illegal as they are basically a scam. :busted_cop:

Sorry if I have been a bit rude, but these things really get my back up!

Just ask anyone who knows anything about automotive engineering and you will get the same reply. Please dont waste your money!:banghead:

I agree they are rubbish. I put one of them on mine and took it off ater 2 mins. When i saw how my engine is behave... Ive done remap and i can say i love my car now again. It some much difference and you do not **** up your engine (as far i u don't drive all the time like pr..)... How whould you feel i somebody plugged to your brain 5 pence resistor and lie to you cus that resistor kills your brain?:)