Methenol Injection Kit

Davestar

Reaction score
Hey guys,just want to know what you guys think about these Methenol injection kits-im told they increase the octane rating of the pump fuel for example-95oc with the kit it will go to about 98oc etc. And reduces intake temperatures dramatically, do any of you have experience with these?snow performance etc brands?

And would you fit one to an S3?:undwech:

I have a ERL water injection kit fitted to my Polo G40, i run 50:50 water and pure methanol.

It comes into play when the engine sees 7psi of boost. It doesn't really increase the octane of the fuel as such, its more for cooling down cylinder temps if you are getting detenation (pinking) etc.

It does increase power but for newer modern engines i don't think its worth the bother and money, you are much better off getting a remap.

I run water injection on the G40 because i am running 180bhp (standard is 113bhp) out of a 1.3litre engine and i recently melted a valve in the cylinder head due to heat so i am running it to keep temps cooler and also means i can advance the spark a little more without getting too much pinking.

Wouldn't get it for the S3 unless you have got a massive turbo running high boost etc.

I have a Snow Performance stage 3 kit getting fitted to my new 2.0 PD140 BKD engine build. It`s getting fitted to stop pinking,lower inlet temps,use some of the methanol for extra fueling plus having a nozzle placed pre turbo to help lower turbo lag.