Eibach Sportline, H&R & 18's!

Paul_c

Reaction score
I’ll start by thanking Damian @ DPM for all the kit…. Cheers buddy!! :icon_thumright:

So then, I fitted the Eibach Sportline Kit at the weekend with a set of 10mm H&R spacers on the rear. I have also reinstated the 18” split rims from winter break! :yum:
This is just a quick picture taken after I completed the job, it was just coming in dusk and had started to rain. I’ll take more pictures at the weekend when I’ve got more time.
Sportback1_sized.jpg

With reference to the front, my first impression was ”$h!t” that’s low! LOL. On driving I was really surprised how comfortable the ride was. In general driving my opinion is that it’s no stiffer than the OEM sport springs with the sport 17” alloy combination. The superiority is very evident once you start ‘pushing on’
Well done Mr Eibach! :o.k:

As I said above I was surprised how low the car sat at the front immediately after taking it off the stands but I’m happy and so far no speed bump has proved too big! :eyebrows: I do have a small concern about the rear- although I’ve covered around 50 miles the nearside rear of the car still sits 14mm higher than the offside? :uhm:
I’ve experienced similar phenomenon on previous cars I’ve lowered but never by this amount and they've always evened out after a few days? I intend to see what it’s like later in the week but any suggestions?

Oh and while I think on does anybody know the order code for McGard locking bolts with the increased length (10mm spacers)?

The Eibach sportline kit is the -50mm right? I think its the Pro-Kit thats only -30?

Eibachs are fast becoming the choice for mine, mainly because they are a lot cheaper than H&R's and I have had them before and been pleased.

As you said buddy, it should settle within a few days, after that id be gettin worried as to whats goin on lol..

Lokks great though!

Seriously close to ordering some Eibachs myself.

Will probably go for the Pro's so should see a 10 mm drop on the standard s-line springs.

Cars looks great especially on the split rims. In 19'' guise they are my favorite OEM wheel right now.

Eibach Pro 30mm on mine & they are superb look & feel, I'm not into lowering etc more for the comfort but pleasantly surprised on all.

I personally cant say enough good things about Damian@dpm, 1st class service throughout when I bought my kits, even with number of queries he helped, well worth buying from this man.

Paul C, your car is the same colour as mine, with the same wheels...funnily enough Eibach sportline and 10mm spacers on the rear was what I got planned for mine

Thanks for sharing the pic m8, looks superb and you've made my mind up for me :thumbsup:

Yes Lee, Sportline is a 50/40 (front/back) and Pro are 30/30.

Thanks for the comments guys, i'd definitely recommend the Eibachs and as NHN says Damian's a top bloke! :superman:

Hotbox, i'm pleased this has helped you out. I found it really difficult to make a decision over the 35mm H&R and Sportline, but i'm more than happy with the new look.

I must say the 10mm spacers on the rear are a must and I'm considering a set of 8mm spacers for up front, to further fill those arches.

Quiet though, I'm keeping that under wraps from the wife! :whistle2:

I gave up doing that years ago, the women are sharp for sure, but what they do is they dont mention the new things you've spent money on until they go shopping with you, then they say can you buy me one of these, thats when you're truly fecked, lol, cause as soon as you say no they have the "what about that part/s you spent on the car" :banghead: damn she noticed so you are in the corner with only one way to go, to the till with your wallet, lmao, lol, its true

But I've sussed it, I take her shopping & I suggest expensive stuff & she feels guilty I wanna spend so much on thse things so gets cheaper ones, result & works everytime, lmao (not I'm a cheap skate you understand, just avoiding the issue before it arises)

OH & as I said before Damian, its only the truth fella, other forum supporters need to learn seriously alot from DPM, no names mentioned.

Yup, it's having it! The spacers are a must I reckon - I love the wheels on it already (big props to the first owner - my ol' man - for speccing them) but they need a little something so they fill the rear arches a bit better; 10mm it is! Thought about H&R too funnily enough but I want 50 at the front so I can see the difference!

I have slight reservations about ride quality but it's fairly horrible as standard...the eibachs can't make it worse :shrug:

The wife isn't going to complain either, spent a fortune on her lately and she understands a man's love for his motor :haha: not sure if she'll be so understanding when I import my "fun car" from the UK in the summer..oh yeah I'll just remind her it cost a quarter of the Jamaican honeymoon lol

I have slight reservations about ride quality but it's fairly horrible as standard...the eibachs can't make it worse :shrug:

As i say from my 17" winter alloys (standard sport wheels) and oem sport suspension the ride is certainly not harsher with this setup.
With everything being the same you should have no worries mate! :yahoo:

Paul, looking very nice at that height; looking forward to seeing more pictures after the weekend...

Sorry to briefly hijack; but does anyoe know if the Eibach Sportline are 50/40 front/rear then does that means I would only see a 15/10mm drop if I put them on my S3? (i'm working off the S3 being 30/35 mm lower than standard)

There sure is Magnus - I have them on my car and they are brilliant - and haven't casued any probs for me on Londons speed bumps. ;)

Jamie, awesome news! Few questions -

- will they ok with 18's or should i go 19's? (i'm changing alloys anyway)
- what drop did you get?
- what are they called and where can I get a set!

Thanks in advance!

Jamie, awesome news! Few questions -

- will they ok with 18's or should i go 19's? (i'm changing alloys anyway)
- what drop did you get?
- what are they called and where can I get a set!

Thanks in advance!

Look fine with 18"s on - but would recommend getting some spacers to help the wheels fill the arches better.
I had 10mm @ each corner, but have just changed the rears to 15mm with no rubbing (so long as you remove a screw from each arch liner)

The springs drop about 25mm - sounds a lot, but the car looks just right now, and as mentioned, I haven't had any problems with speed bumps.
The springs are actually slightly better around Londons knackered roads, but at speed you can tell the car is far stiffer. I did the H&R ARB's at the same time as the springs, and again, would recommend this.

I actually bought my set up off JonnyC last year when he changed to coilovers, but I'm sure Damian at DPM can sort you out out a price, he's always looked after me ;)

P1010861.jpg

P1010868.jpg

P1010869.jpg

P1010867.jpg

P1010863.jpg

19"s certainly look good but you don't have to ahve them:

06122008044.jpg

HTH

Awesome - thanks again; I agree the RS4 reps are very nice. Presumably they were offset 45 or something so you no longer use the spacers?

Damian, fancy selling me some springs?

Right guys sorry for the delay in posting more pictures, and I know the car needs a clean!! :asskicking:

Just over a week on and as i suspected the front was more or less at it’s lowest from the start- the measurement is negligible .Thankfully the rear has started to even out (from a difference of 14mm to 9mm side to side) after slightly adjusting the lower seating position of the spring on the nearside- although I expected this to be equal now! :3sadwalk:

I’d say there’s still a little way to go before the rear is fully settled- I may load the boot up to help things along! Lol!.
nearside.jpg

A Side shot For SEM... lol! :laugh:
n_side.jpg

A closer view of the front…
front_wheel.jpg

alloy rim to arch measures: o/s front 82mm & n/s front 80mm. I’m considering a 10mm spacer on these because if I’m super critical, at certain angles the arch looks to be overhanging the alloy by too much. It’s a shame the 5mm spacers aren’t hub centric so I could split the difference!

While we are on with the front, for a comparison here is a picture of my setup (18 oem 54offset alloys) standard and also with 10mm H&R spacers (equivalent of 44offest)…
comparison.JPG

hhhhmmmm..... :shrug:

A closer view of the rear…
rear_wheel.jpg

alloy rim to arch measures: o/s rear 91mm & n/s rear 100mm. From the measurements it is clear the rear has some way to go especially the nearside with a gap of 20mm front to back & 10mm side to side!! :ohmy: I have covered around 290miles but there’s been no real load other than me and the wife, if that makes a difference?!? :think:

This (rear) picture shows the setup with 10mm H&R spacers- I was thinking I could move them to the front, buying a set of 15’s to replace them? I’m undecided and although the rear should settle level with the front at the moment you can see more of the tread giving the illusion the rear is higher than it is. I’m afraid the 15’s will exaggerate this look with the alloy stepped further out.

Here’s a comparison between front and back on the more settled side or what is currently known as the good side… aka the offside (divers side). standard 54offset front and 10mm H&R spacer (44offset) at the rear.
combined.JPG

The front has survived multiple multi-storey car park ramps without a single scrape. The clearance is approx 170mm on the lowest part of the leading edge of the bumper.

Hope this helps people... and as always any coments are welcome- especially on my uneven rear! :undwech: lol!

McGard order code for locking bolts with 10mm & 15mm spacers: 28025
They measure M14x1.5 (17 Hex) 41.0mm (shank) :thumbsup:

Cheers, Paul.

Car looks great.

Got Eibach Pro's being bolted on mine on Sat - Can't wait!

As far as I'm concerned, that sits perfect :o.k: thanks for making my mind up for me!

Thanks Hotbox, I'm very happy with the look of the car, it handles great and the ride comfort is mint! I'll be 100% satisfied once the rear is equal (from side to side) but without doubt i'd recommend them!!

Let us know how you get on ron! :photo:

Thanks for the comments Rav, i'm hoping to do a mini detail in a couple of weeks. I'm wanting to get rid of the effects from the winter and the muppet at Audi who washed my car leaving fine scratches all over!! :banghead:
That said the meguairs products i've used gave great results and have kept the car looking great. Here's a picture from september after many hours of work!
A3_Sportback2.jpg

Paul.

Thanks Hotbox, I'm very happy with the look of the car, it handles great and the ride comfort is mint! .....

i'm hoping to do a mini detail in a couple of weeks.

Paul.

That's something else I wanted to hear! Because I'm old now (31 this month :sex:) I don't need the glovebox falling open everytime I go over a bump, and other such stories from my lowered youth :whistle2: but it's got to be lower! And yours looks spot-on to me so I'm copying :yes:

And I need to do a detail, badly...sometime this year lol

Ok cheers, could you let me know how you get on there please. Want to get mine on ASAP! How much are they charging if you don't mind me asking?

Will do.

£300 all in. That's the cost of the springs, fitting and laser alignment.

wow very good pics and I'm impressed how the car looks, now I'm thinking of getting the Sportline's myself...
does anybody know is the cab. any different then the sportback because of the weight, I mean will my car look like this one haha :D

Yes Lee, Sportline is a 50/40 (front/back) and Pro are 30/30.

Thanks for the comments guys, i'd definitely recommend the Eibachs and as NHN says Damian's a top bloke! :superman:

Hotbox, i'm pleased this has helped you out. I found it really difficult to make a decision over the 35mm H&R and Sportline, but i'm more than happy with the new look.

I must say the 10mm spacers on the rear are a must and I'm considering a set of 8mm spacers for up front, to further fill those arches.

did you have to get longer bolts with the 10mm spacers? or are the standard ones still ok for the job?????

sorry N8 didn't want to make a new topic...

did you have to get longer bolts with the 10mm spacers? or are the standard ones still ok for the job?????

I got H&R spacers which came with longer bolts, however if you want a locking wheel nut you'll need to buy that separately.