AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

DSG Rattles at Idle

As the title says my 3.2 has a nice rattle at idel which goes once in gear. Are there any known or common fauts before I toddle off to the dealers before my warranty runs out?

Thanks

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hmm! Don't quote me on this but, it sounds like a DMF problem....If they have one that is!!
    regards
    dave
    A3 2.0Tfsi D.S.G Sportback. Leather, light and rain pack, Interior light pack, bose, bluetooth, 6cd, multifunction wheel, cruise, Heated front/rear seats, Folding mirrors, rear parking sensors , ipod connection in glove box, open sky roof, dual climate, sun blinds, electric drivers seat,

Reverse Gear

Status
    Whats a DMF?

5th Gear

Status
    Duel Mass Flywheel.

4th Gear

Status
    Hi mate,

Dont know to link threads but if you look at my - S3 Fly Wheel Problems from two days ago...

"I have been searching for some time on the site for information on a problem with my 2007 S3; in that over the last few months I have been plagued by a metallic knocking noise from the engine between 2k -4k revs, underload. Not unlike the engine noise of the old Talbot Sunbeam - i.e. crap."

Mine is a manual (of course), but could be the same.

AR

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks all, going to book it in asap.. they have said that they will have to charge me going rate for diagnostics if no fault is found... thats not right is it (still in my 1 year listers audi warranty)

Neutral

Status
    Just clearly state to them that the Rattle is not normal and so therefore is a warrenty issue!! Dont take any crap from em!! To be honest a rattle would more than likely be a mechanical problem and will doubt very much if VAGCOM picks up anything!! so they could just be trying a fast one!!
    2005 Audi A3 SE 2.0 TDI DSG (8P) - Gleeming Red, Rain Sensing Wipers, RNS-E, SDS Hack, Bose Sound System, Flat Bottom Multi Function Steering Wheel colour coded red stitching From TT, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Non Smokers Pack. ST-3 FAST ROAD MAP 'I LOVE IT'

5th Gear

Status
    My dealer tried that on with me. I told them I wasn't going to pick the car back up until it was sorted F.O.C. They sorted it....

I always find you have the upper hand when you get a courtesy car off them

Is the rattle actually from the gearbox itself or could it be from the gear change linkage. I had a slight rattle from the centre lever which the dealer cured whilst it was in for serive by re-greasing all the linkage.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3