badge and chrome removal

Lex

Reaction score
hello folks

after spending £800 in a week on my car i have the mod bug and i want to get started on cheap mods.

my plan is to spray the audi front badge and chrome grill black but i have no idea on how to remove them

IMG_0216-1.jpg

if i had the money i would have gone the whole hog and bought the new bonnet and the facelift bumper with black grill but im now skint and jobless haha

so does anybody know how to remove the badge and chrome lip around the grill?

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

lex

im guessing its just a careful tugging job?

maybe a flatblade screwdriver with a cloth over it to prevent scratching any paint?

on the facelift it pops of you gotta be carefull though they crack so easy but on your model im not sure to get the four rings of you gotta remove the grill when all black though grill and surround the rings look better in silver like rabbits s3 or ive done mine like that also

Yeah, Boydie posted a good "how to" on this subject.
I can't find it either (Does anyone else find the search function poor on ASN??)

Anyway, you're better to apply matt black vinyl (available from your local sign writer) than paint. If you paint it'll chip and flake after a few months.

You need to remove both grills then GENTLY remove the obvious clips which hold the chrome trim in place. Be careful, those clips are very fragile and snap easily when removing the chrome.

heres what boydie said to remove

The whole grill is easy to remove, there are 3 torque screws at the top, reach in behind and lift the clips at the bottom of the top grill and it should then wiggle off - do not be afraid to apply some force

The chrome bit is a bit of a niggly *******....there are so many clips that hold it on and you have to pry each off one at a time - make sure you have a look to see where they all are...I am taking mine off again to do the rings so I will take a pic of the underside and mark where they are!

cheers kaz i will give it a shot tomorrow while im meant to be looking for a job but i think we all know whats more important haha