AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Multi-function sterring wheel change

I have just ordered a new Sportback with SE spec. The only part of the Sport spec that I prefer to the SE spec is the 3-spoke MF steering wheel as opposed to the 4-spoke MF steering wheel on the SE spec.

Does anyone know if the two would be a straight swop and if so, any idea of the cost of the current 3-spoke design. Don't worry I shall be sitting down if any one gives me the price!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Assuming you don't want a FB, I've seen this on ebay for 419-480:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170304621094

Is the air bag different to the 4 spoke wheel?
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

5th Gear

Status
    If you dont need the airbag (I think they are the same from memory) then there are loads on Ebay.

I sold mine for 200.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    If you dont need the airbag (I think they are the same from memory) then there are loads on Ebay.

I sold mine for 200.
    I assume the airbag would be interchangable. One thing I do need is one with the DSG/S-tronic paddles.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    Depending on your time scales, I will have another for sale in the coming few months as soon as I can track down an RS6 steering wheel.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    Depending on your time scales, I will have another for sale in the coming few months as soon as I can track down an RS6 steering wheel.
    Keep me posted as I may well be interested.

My dealer has just checked with Audi UK and they tell him he cannot order an SE with the Sport 3-spoke MF wheel so it looks like I shall shall have to change it myself.

Is it just a straight swap or do any other changes need to be made and are the air bags interchangable.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Out of interest I've spoken to the parts department at my dealers and got the following prices for the 3-spoke MF steering wheel.

The actual 3-spoke MF steering wheel = 412

The air-bag unit = 528.
    Dave R (h5djr)

automatic

Status
    Yowza...most of my cars didn't cost that much
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

Further investigation tells me that although it would be a straight swap, it would need both a new steering wheel and a new airbag. Perhaps I'll just grow to link the 4-spoke instead!!
    Dave R (h5djr)

automatic

Status
    I'd make myself like the 4-spoke jobby if the alternative was nearly a grand...yikes
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am