Help a noob choose his new A3/S3

Any final tips before i go to view it? What should I be looking out for apart from the usual clunks and scratches (anythjing 3.2 V6 audi specific!).

I wouldnt go for a 3.2 lump in such a small hatch, it makes the front way too wobbly under hard driving condtions. Thats why the 2.0 TFSI shines way brighter than the numb V6.

Just got back from viewing the 3.2 V6 A3...and I now own it!!!! :)

I fell in love with it from the moment i saw it, it was in immaculate condition with only 17,00 on the clock and then I took it for a drive, and boy I took it for a drive! The sound it makes, the way it hugs the road and then I put it into sports mode and nearly screamed! It was like driving a jet fighter on a country road and boy it was fun

Got it for 12k, taxed and MOT with a new set of tires, he even bought my old S-reg focus for 1k! What a deal. I am now a very happy man who is proud to be a new Audi owner, thanks to all you guys too

Congratz mate....Glad your enjoying the car. Didnt take you long to pick the right car for you lol! Get some of your own photos up mate:icon_thumright: Sounds like you got a good deal

I fell in love with it from the moment i saw it, it was in immaculate condition with only 17,00 on the clock and then I took it for a drive, and boy I took it for a drive! The sound it makes, the way it hugs the road and then I put it into sports mode and nearly screamed! It was like driving a jet fighter on a country road and boy it was fun

Got it for 12k, taxed and MOT with a new set of tires, he even bought my old S-reg focus for 1k! What a deal. I am now a very happy man who is proud to be a new Audi owner, thanks to all you guys too

I would put up pics but don't know how to!!!! I tried to do 0-60 in under 7 seconds and i did. Kept forgetting to look at the speedo and realised I had been doing a steady 110 without realising it on the A1! Gotta learn how to use this car, it actually makes me a little nervous to drive it lol

then I put it into sports mode and nearly screamed!

Sounds like you got the DSG version - have you sussed the launch control yet ? Takes serious amounts of practice but when you get it right you'll know about it .....
I used to have one of these and took it all over Europe and on several race tracks including the Nurburgring, Silverstone and Donington. Never let me down once.

I would put up pics but don't know how to!!!! I tried to do 0-60 in under 7 seconds and i did. Kept forgetting to look at the speedo and realised I had been doing a steady 110 without realising it on the A1! Gotta learn how to use this car, it actually makes me a little nervous to drive it lol

Load up pics to photobucket.com and then copy the direct link and click the yellow button with the mountains and sun on audisport and post the link into that!

As below, lauch control it. ESP off, Into S or manual mode, left foot brake, right foot accelerator, rev to about 2.5k, off the brake a vrooooommm :p

Make sure there's no cars in front for a long distance though lol :busted_cop:

EDITED to make sense lol

Good work mate.

I bought the first one I went to see too... I know you're not meant to, but if you liked it then why not!

I've had mine for a week now and I'm really enjoying it - the 3.2 was a good choice and I'm sure you'll find it a lot more fun than your Focus!

Scruffy glad your enjoying the car mate, when i had my 2.0t fsi i didnt really push it that much as i personnaly wanted to get use to the power, instead of writing it off i have bad luck lol!
But sounds like your having alot of fun :)
Seen kaz has told you how to upload pictures no excuse now mate get some ha up :)

Thanks, I want to hear more about this launch control. Nearly had to visit a petrol station twice in one day!

DSCF4459a.jpg

Your car looks really nice mate, and as kaz pointed out very clean car indeed! Looka spotless Glad your enjoying it, looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing it with the black grill.
Enjoy
Ashley

Only internal marks are some (cuff link?) scratches around the gear stick on the aluminium and by the drivers side door handle. Can i replace these two bit easy enough? Also, does anyone have any car washing/cleaning tips as I DO NOT wanna mess this one up!!

Only internal marks are some (cuff link?) scratches around the gear stick on the aluminium and by the drivers side door handle. Can i replace these two bit easy enough?

Yea mate -they're easy enough.

just search for "breaking A3" on ebey and a few should pop up.

Just make sure you get the dsg gear knob and the door handle - i wouldnt really bother as this is just wear and tear tbh and future owners will understand. But again - breakers!

If its just the chrome bit on the gearknob (near the button), may be worth asking Audi as i dont think that wil be too expensive!

Washing tips - 2 bucket method. have one bucket for soap and one with hot water. once you have wiped the wash mitt over the car to clean teh dirt off it, dip it into the water and give it a good scrub and then dip it into the soapy bucket - this will avoid those swirl marks that appear.

Also, use a wash mitt and not a sponge - these cause swirls on the paint too.

And when drying, dont shammy - use a drying towel!

Or, there's a foaming method which im currently looking into! :D Need a foam lance though but looks cool!

Yeah they can be changed over easy enough. Just saw the other pics you put up. Looks like a really nice and clean car. Inside looks great aswell. Still enjoying the drive?

Also, does anyone have any car washing/cleaning tips as I DO NOT wanna mess this one up!!

nice car scruffy, good colour! i reckon you got a lot of car for £12k, you appear to be one of the 'winners' from the credit crunch.

agree with kaz - if i were you, i would read the cleaning tips on polished bliss website (two bucket method) and buy a nice lambswool mitt.

black looks fantastic but will inevitably get swirls and show light scratches so anything you can do to minimise this will help keep you pride and joy in tip top shape.

if you see any light scratches 'scratchX' is good for removing them and is top coat safe.

Really nice motor there Scruffy. Are you on the uk-mkivs.net site BTW?

As for keeping it clean...good luck with that! My A3 is the first black car I've owned. They look great when they're clean but keeping it that way is hard work.

I'd definitely recommend getting a foam lance to use as a pre-wash, then a MF mitt rather than a sponge.

HTH.

Dave.