Dodgy Turbo after REMAP??

dgannon

Dolphin Grey 2007 S3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had a remap (oettinger) today at RSD on my S3(2007).

I'm definitly pleased with the map but also a little concerned.

When in 5th or 6th at anything from 3000rpm and above the turbo will die off and kick back in on and off all the way up to the limiter... it seems like the power is dying when this happens although it still picks up speed.

Would this be something the map does, making the turbo go on/off at high speeds? doesn't seem right to me at all!!

I'll be asking the guys at RSD the question myself on monday but would like to hear if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

im no pro but do some vagcom logs.
loss of boost might mean your turbo is stuffed, the blue seal in your dv has torn or your actuator might need a bit of tightening.
just some suggestions i have picked up from experience

you could be running out of fuel as the pump can't give the engine enough fuel to meet the boost of the turbo from the remap, this will pull back the throttle to safe guard itself.

you need to ring the remap place and get them to look at it

Thanks for the quick reply guys, i'll talk to them monday and see what they say!!

I don't have VAGCOM so won't be looking into it myself i'm affraid....

Is it generally just a case of needing another fuel pump because mine might be nackered or an uprated one for the remaps?

Dave

alot of the S3 boys have had to upgrade their fuel pumps as the standard one doesn't flow enough fuel.

With a stage 1 remap your std pump should cope ok.

Its definately not right though.

Get the tuners to sort it.

Good luck
Paul

It's just stage one, basic remap so i'm told i'm running at about 300-310bhp. Guess i'll have to take it easy today!

Other thing i didnt mention was when coming on boost in 3rd gear the noise the tubro makes is rough like it's fluttering?

Cheers
Dave