What is the best aftermarket exhaust and coilovers?

pontias_s3

Reaction score
Hi everyone in need of some suggestions as my mate is looking to upgrade his standard S3 Exhaust to something more deep and more oomph but not gary style lol and also looking for some good coilovers...any suggestions appreciated.

Got to be a miltek, as for the coilies, i have no idea, maybe fk's?

yeh thats what we were thinking of but just thought i'd ask around aswell...Wheres the best place to get em?

Tbh, i have no idea, im gettin my a3 tomorrow lol so sorry i cant help any further, but i would also like to know this!

There is no such thing as best it all comes down to what price you want to pay and what the desired effect is.

There is no such thing as best it all comes down to what price you want to pay and what the desired effect is.

Never a better word said, everyone has a different opinion on everything so if I was to like coilovers the next person would say they're **** & just use new shocks & springs, its down to the individual, but a constant I've seen & know given got myself is the eibach pro 30mm springs are very good, taken all the bounce out of my car but hasnt replaced with hardness, but I also have FSD's aswell, so take what you want, from that, but everyone I know whose got eibach pro's have said they're very good, maybe try these 1st before expense of coilovers.

& no milltek isnt the only shop on the corner, there's loads that can build an exhaust for you, look around, its just milltek is the most well known & yes they're good but if its just a noise thing then whats the point, I'd buy for realtime improvements to the car not just to say I've got a milltek which is why since I've owned an s3 mapped & s4 mapped & a3 mapped but never had a milltek to date, doesnt really make worthwhile for me & the cost, where as the suspension change has improved the car alot & 1st time ever done on any of my vag cars I've owned.

Milteks sound good - heard one on a mates S3 not so long ago.

Blueflame build some good ones too - we had one on our LCR and sounded a tiny bit louder than standard while cruising with when you open it up - sounded awesome.

Defo need a turbo back to get the max out of a S3.

Coilies - there's lots about now....

KW do good ones but they are fairly pricey (for me anyway) at £1k+.

As DevonMikey says - its down to tastes and what you want. Whats soft for you may be harsh for me...

Chat to the guys at Awesoem GTI or DPM, they should be able to advise you on soemthing suitable for your needs..

Ok thanks for that lads and i know its down to the individual and what the individual would prefer but i was simply asking for suggestions because im sure alot of you have done your mods so may reccommend something decent which i could look into. Thanks again. And ofcourse the standard stuff would be up for sale so any takers in advance?lol sorry i know im always selling things just cant help myself!!!!

So back to the first basic question you need to work out for yourself. What effect do you want from fitting the exhaust/coil overs and what is your price range for the items before fitting cost.

Milltek is an ok product, but it's their marketing and distribution that persuades people it's the only option. If you want a turbo back exhaust then Milltek is an obvious option for an Audi. Othewise Supersprint and Remus are worth looking at - less known in VAG circles these days, but a far superior quality product.

As for coilovers, just be aware that spending more doesn't necessarily make them best suited for road use - the likes of H&R, Bilstein etc are great on the track, but too hard for road use.

I never said i know more then you and who has more posts on this or any site means nothing. I don`t come on here or any other forum to start calling people i don`t know names or get into pointless arguments. If you didn`t agree with what i posted all you had to do was say. If you want to post something useful and constructive carry on otherwise please don`t waste everyones time.

Uh Mikey I hope you wernt referring to me cause I was actually backing you up on your comment not this unconstructive newbie, if he knew you as I do from your previous past posts he'd know he was talking out of his backside, I have amended my post above to reflect this as he obviously posted before I could click SUBMIT

As most suspension kits offer different levels of ride v comfort. One person may be happy with having their kids throw up in the back, other may not.

You should try the options fitted to a car before you buy.

Try before you buy.....