3.2 Spark Plug Interval

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Just had the car in for its 40k service, they have done the usual plus the haldex.

They told me it doesn't need plugs until 60k.... I read the service book as saying 40k....

Any ideas? Also they quoted £130 to do the plugs... didn't sound cheap to me!

I thought it was 60K for the longlife platinum plugs. The plugs are dear, in the real world they are £10-£15 each, not sure how much Audi would charge per plug.

Spark plug interval is definitely 40K. I checked this myself, as my car is just going in for its third (54K) long life service and they were trying to flog me plugs - even though these were changed on the second service 2 years ago at 36K.

I was quoted about £100 fitted for the plugs.

It shows the variation amongst dealears - you should have had yours done but they didn't bother, and I don't need mine doing and they tried to sell it to me!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply i thought it was 40k! Its on a free servicing pack so i presume they just try and fob you off with the minimum they can do!

Just rang audi uk up to just confirm it was 40k and they have nobody with any techinical knowledge in until tuesday! Erm not that technnical is it and would be pretty useful if they had someone who had some sence!

Intervals can sometimes change overnight and some cars did change from 40k to 60k last year. If they've done there job properly then they would've used ELSA to give you that information and they'll use an ELSA check sheet when they do the Service.